No announcement yet.

Would you shoot a mountain lion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been blessed to actually see big cats several times from North Tx along the Red River. One out West and a momma and 2 young ones a few times up on Oklahoma on the Canadian river. Only once while I was hunting (bow hunting) and it was chasing a bobcat. Got a claw/toe in a foot hold trap once and the area was destroyed! I was a nervous wreck on my way back to the boat worried about a ****** off cat.

Comment

Saw one in Michigan, we were both tracking the same wounded deer. Scary situation. So yes I’d shoot one. Hunting or self defense.

Comment

I have shot one 15 yards from the end of my shotgun barrel. My calling buddy shot one at 200 yards out watching from some sage.

I don't need any more. I will always love when I am fortunate enough to cross its path.

It's strange reading about grown men being in fear of something many will never even see. The mountain lions don't care if you're out in the woods.
        Last edited by ladrones; 01-17-2020, 04:37 PM.

Comment

“”Absolutely. As long as it was not a female with a cub or cubs.”’
          Cubs and female cats is the #1 reason some of the places I referred to don’t shoot ML unless it’s a professional after a problem cat,
          It really is sad how nuts , crazy wacko, people get when they have a gun and bang proudly drag in a cub or a yearling
          I am beating a dead horse, because some people just don’t get it and never have, never will
          It’s why land owners want a call before you come or don’t offer year round leases “ the they walk among us hunters “

Comment

I don’t shoot bobcats or foxes either.
            But owning land changes your attitude on killing too.

Hogs and raccoons don’t get the same pass.

BP

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
              For what? I only eat one kind of Kat [emoji13]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
              They eat deer. You don't have to eat them. Just gut shoot them and let em run off.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                I would if it was big enough to full body mount!
                ^^^This right here. I had a shot at a smaller one or possibly a jaguarundi near Uvalde as a kid and didn't take it. A big male, you bet. I would never shoot one after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                  Lion hunt with dogs is on my bucket list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  ^^^ Yes, yes, yes!

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                    I don’t shoot bobcats or foxes either.
                    But owning land changes your attitude on killing too.

Hogs and raccoons don’t get the same pass.

BP
                    ^^^Same with me. Yes to coyotes, hogs and racoons but no to bobcats and foxes on our family land.

Comment

No, Shooting one doesn’t bother me, it’s the fear of bad cat taxidermy I see that makes me a bit uneasy.

Comment

Would love to see one. Don’t think I would shoot one....but you never know..

Comment

Faster than you can ask

Comment

Yes

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                              They eat deer. You don't have to eat them. Just gut shoot them and let em run off.
                              Oh here we go

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Hell yeah. They kill a bunch of rutted down bucks and deer.

Comment

Working...
                                X