No announcement yet.

Old Gray Wolf is out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad day for P1s. The Ticket will never be the same. Stay Hard Mike!

Comment

The ripple effect will be interesting to watch play out. Jake is the obvious choice, but I hope it's not him, not with Corby.

Jake is the most entertaining guy on the station IMO and should be the headliner.

Comment

Hardline will never be the same without him. Mike is a legend! Not sure what the Hardline will look like now. I just don’t see Corby being the foundation moving forward. More Gordo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s a sad day. I will miss the Old Grey Wolf. Such a great pleasure it must be, to go out on your own terms. Mike knew the nuance of baseball better than anyone on the air here. I’ll miss that, and no one there can replace it.

Comment

I won’t listen to The Hardline after 3:30 anymore. Corby had just about ruined before.

I like Danny, I like Jake, Corby is awful at anything besides CFB and golf.

Comment

Could this be the Ben & Skin Landing place?
              They had captured a LARGE portion of the afternoon ratings by the time they left the Fan.
              It’s an incredible coincidence if not. It would require a hefty shake up but I’m not sure this could be it.

Comment

Originally posted by Milkfisher View Post
                Could this be the Ben & Skin Landing place?
                They had captured a LARGE portion of the afternoon ratings by the time they left the Fan.
                It’s an incredible coincidence if not. It would require a hefty shake up but I’m not sure this could be it.

It won’t be them in whole, but I thought about them. The Ticket won’t cut Corby, and they have to make a place for Jake.

Ben, Corby, and Jake could work.

I wish Norm would retire...

Comment

Haven't listened to them in awhile because of the liberal yuck monkey Corby but I always enjoyed Rhyner. Sad to see him go but what a great retirement video.. Prior to the last 3 or so years I was a P1 but have recently switched to the fan in the afternoon. This cements that choice. Stay hard Rhynes!

Comment

I agree with those saying to take Corby and Norm with him

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      I won’t listen to The Hardline after 3:30 anymore. Corby had just about ruined before.

Agreed, Corby can go jump in a lake. Probably White Rock.

Danny is good so long as he's not trying too hard. When he is his humor just comes off flat. He can tell a decent story now and then, too.

Watched Jake beat up my buddy "Mike in Duncanville" at Ticket Fight Night a while back. Hated to see that but it was fair and he's obviously a hard worker. His Dad, "Chappy", has driven his stock up, IMO.

Mike will be missed, curious to see where they go from here. I'd kill to have the Rant back but won't hold my breath.

Comment

Started listening to the ticket in 95/96. First call in was prior to the draft of Joe Smith and Corliss Williamson. I am now 37 years old. Makes me feel really old to think about how young I was then.

Parents wouldn't let me listen to regular radio. Just oldies and sports. I became obsessed with sports, and they were the only thing here that would keep my attention.

I became a creature of habit, and am by nature, crazy loyal. I have never listened to anything else but the Ticket, and them not changing anything has kept me locked in.

Rhyner has a singular voice as the Godfather. I became attached to him specifically due to his role in creating what I grew into. He has been cutting back for a while now. You could sense that.

Radio / life definitely wont be the same (not in a good or bad way). I'm sure I'll get used to it, but it definitely wont be the same.

Comment

Good people are good people. Corby seems like good People. Have only had positive interactions with all of them. They have been generous and very personable.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                            I agree with those saying to take Corby and Norm with him

And Bob, and Balis. Some of the new talent is pretty good too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Haven't listened to them in awhile because of the liberal yuck monkey Corby but I always enjoyed Rhyner. Sad to see him go but what a great retirement video.. Prior to the last 3 or so years I was a P1 but have recently switched to the fan in the afternoon. This cements that choice. Stay hard Rhynes!

Yes,
                              Can’t stand to listen to him anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

Yes his love of Wilco, Widespread, Roger Federer, soccer, and making fun of anyone in rural Texas is his strong suit. He is fluent in douchbaggery.

Comment

Working...
                                X