McCarthy new Cowboy coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    Pete Carrol was a pretty good retread... So was Bill Belichick[emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]. Both had to get in the right place to shine.

McCarthey has 4 NFC Championship games and one Super Bowl. That’s an experience upgrade over the Clapper to me.

On Jerry.. He’s 78. Hard to expect him to hire a college coach or a newbie that may take several years. He has a team that is supposedly ready now. He doesn;t ahve time to hire what fans "would like to see." I can understand hiring the "best available" now with HC experience and trying to get it done before he dies. I’m by no means wowed but I understand and am optimistic.

left out an important word...

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post
      Mike Nolan has been named the DC.
      Heard they were going after him. He is a good hire.

Comment

McCarthy wasn't my first choice but after seeing his interviews he has been doing his homework on all the other teams. I like bringing in Nolan as DC too. Going to be great to see something different this coming season.

At least McCarthy teams can run a **** screen pass!
        Last edited by RickH78; 01-06-2020, 04:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
          Sounds like McCarthy has been preparing for this opportunity. Not just sitting around hoping he gets a gig. Pretty interesting video. I've only seen part of it so far.

How Mike McCarthy has prepared for his return to NFL | NBC Sports - YouTube
          Wow, he had Barndo Build!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar Hunter View Post
            Wow, he had Barndo Build!!!
            Sure did.....now if he deer hunts he's golden with me

Comment

McCarthy would not have lasted in the coaching market to much longer. Giants, Carolina, or Browns would have hired him by tomorrow. Experience coach with Super bowl experience. Let go Cowboys

Comment

Problem with the Cowboys is Jerry. I think any really good coach is going to have problems with Jerry getting the players he wants regardless if the coach wants them or not.

Comment

Will there be an offensive coordinator?

Comment

Originally posted by Rj Flores View Post
                    McCarthy would not have lasted in the coaching market to much longer. Giants, Carolina, or Browns would have hired him by tomorrow. Experience coach with Super bowl experience. Let go Cowboys
                    I agree with this. McCarthy is a proven commodity, I am actually surprised he was still available to be honest. He obviously used his ff time wisely, and by all accounts blew the interview out of the water.
                    Some folks are going to complain just because they think they are supposed to.

Comment

Originally posted by roughneck266 View Post
                      I agree with this. McCarthy is a proven commodity, I am actually surprised he was still available to be honest. He obviously used his ff time wisely, and by all accounts blew the interview out of the water.
                      Some folks are going to complain just because they think they are supposed to.
                      No telling what actually happened behind the scenes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                        Will there be an offensive coordinator?
                        Supposedly he's going to "consider" the existing offensive staff....what that means, who knows???

Originally Posted by roughneck266 View Post
                        "I agree with this. McCarthy is a proven commodity, I am actually surprised he was still available to be honest. He obviously used his ff time wisely, and by all accounts blew the interview out of the water.
                        Some folks are going to complain just because they think they are supposed to."

Yep....they complained about Belichek, etc etc etc in the same manner....i get it too.....

However, the Cowboys didn't have that much to choose from IMOP. Successful college coaches and their inherent risks and the time needed for them to adjust to the top job at the NFL level, etc etc.....or the less sexy formerly successful NFL coach. They obviously chose the best of the latter.

Time will tell.....

Comment

Brett Farve gave him an outstanding recommendation, good enough for me.

Comment

I might even watch the cowboys a couple of times now.

Comment

This hire makes sense. We'll see how it goes.

Comment

Hard to believe Washington was so quick to jump on Ron Rivera....

Comment

Working...
                                X