No announcement yet.

Warm Socks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use these. 85% merino wool. $26 for 2 pairs on amazon. Some times i use a wool dress sock for a liner and spray my feet with unscented aerosol antiperspirant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Manufacturer of the finest sleeping bags and outdoor gear in the world. Nothing keeps you you warm & dry in cold, wet conditions like Wiggy's!

Comment

Hands down, best warm socks are at Costco. They have thick merino socks and I wear them every single day.

Comment

Darn Tough Merino Wool.

Lifetime Warranty!

Comment

Originally posted by RCDuck View Post
            Merino Wool... Darn Tough
            This

Comment

HTML Code:
              https://woolpowerus.com/product/socks-800-grey-melange
              Ullfrotte.

Not an every day sock at $50/pr; but the best 'sitting' sock I have ever found. It may require a size larger in boots. If your boots are tight (bulky socks) your feet will be cold. The insulation gets compressed and does not 'loft'.

Comment

Underarmer and Merino Wool.
                Good wool socks made of angora/ mohair , even alpaca wool
                Dickies wool socks, Costco wool
                Any combo with a pair of sorrel pac’s or a 1/2 size larger boot then normal
                Used all the above on a cold wet caribou hunt, hint pack a extra pair of socks to change out during the day

Comment

I like my Smartwool socks.

Comment

x2 Smart wool works well for me

Comment

tag

Comment

I live here in sock making territory, North Carolina. I buy irregular socks at the local flea market. Dahlgren alpaca wool socks. The best ones I have ever found, and they are $3 a pair. The same socks in a hiking supply store are about 30 bucks.

Comment

I have a bunch from Field Supply, camofire and other discount sites under the Lorpen brand. (at least I think that is it) They are merino and have been outstanding, especially considering the price. I hate cold feet worse than anything.

Comment

a pair of thin silk socks and merino wool on top!!

Comment

Yote,, all good recommend socks.

I would like to add, be very diligent on your care after purchase.

Turn socks inside out, wash only in COLD water, and air dry. Heat will shrink and ruin them.

I bought a dozen Fun Toes from Amazon, gave some as gifts last year, and wear mine every night at work.

Comment

Like I said they are pricey but I've tried all kinds of merino, smart wool, ect. For me the possum/merino blend you can find in NZ have been the warmest socks for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X