Warm Socks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warm Socks

Well, the pup ate my warm hunting socks last night. My lucky pair that I have worn for years, I can't remember the brand. What are your favorite socks for colder weather? Want to be comfortable so I can sit all day.

Wool.

Comment

Merino wool

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
        Merino wool
        What he said....

Comment

Merino Wool... Darn Tough

Comment

Dog hide. Fuzzy side in.

Comment

I wear a good pair of moisture wicking socks and a pair of regular tube socks with a good pair of cold weather hunting boots. Key is to keep you feet dry and they will stay warm.

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
                Dog hide. Fuzzy side in.

Hahahah

Comment

Best socks will come New Zealand and be a possum/wool combination. They are pricey and take a while to get here but are worth it as you'll never wear a warmer pair of socks. Google them and find a pair you like.

Possum fur is ranked 3rd warmest fur only behind polar bear and artic fox.

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
                    Dog hide. Fuzzy side in.
                    That dang pyrenees pup would make some warm socks that is for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
                      Best socks will come New Zealand and be a possum/wool combination. They are pricey and take a while to get here but are worth it as you'll never wear a warmer pair of socks. Google them and find a pair you like.

That is cool. Time to do some googlin'. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post

Holy cow!!! $50 a pop on Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by RCDuck View Post
                          Merino Wool... Darn Tough
                          Agreed. I try to get the socks with at least 60% merino.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
                            Holy cow!!! $50 a pop on Amazon
                            Found them for $30 with free shipping https://www.ecowool.com/product/meri...m-cable-socks/

Comment

I have some that are merino wool and some kind of synthetic blend, I don't know what brand. Very very warm. I combine them with Lacrosse rubber boots and never an issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X