No announcement yet.

Somerville PHL 18-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see cameras in some odd places out here, like directly on the main trail. Today I noticed a cellular camera take a pic as I was walking in. Not sure if someone is planning on hunting the main trail or if it’s keeping tabs on hunting pressure. Either way you will have a pic of me today at 6am.

Comment

Originally posted by forest-hunter View Post
      I see cameras in some odd places out here, like directly on the main trail. Today I noticed a cellular camera take a pic as I was walking in. Not sure if someone is planning on hunting the main trail or if it’s keeping tabs on hunting pressure. Either way you will have a pic of me today at 6am.

Wardens have started placing cameras out.
      Maybe one of theirs? [emoji2371]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just wish someone would sling a arrow out here so I know theres really deer...worse season I'm about over this crap

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Nothing on my camera but I'm also not on a main trail either. If I see you on one of my cameras then you are probably lost. Lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve seen a squirrel and 3 wood ducks. [emoji6]

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggwild View Post
              I’ve seen a squirrel and 3 wood ducks. [emoji6]

At this point I wouldn't mind being busted and blown at just so I know there here lol

Comment

Wardens have started placing cameras out.
                Maybe one of theirs? [emoji2371]

Possibly so.

Comment

Originally posted by GD47 View Post
                  At this point I wouldn't mind being busted and blown at just so I know there here lol

Good Luck GD47, nothing this morning I had to rush a shot at a big doe on the move yesterday and it went right over her back.

Comment

Good Luck GD47, nothing this morning I had to rush a shot at a big doe on the move yesterday and it went right over her back.
                    It's going to be a tough yr for me I moved locations to a spot iv never touched or ran a cam just enjoying this view it looks like I should have tagged out by now but yea looks are deceiving lol

Comment

It's going to be a tough yr for me I moved locations to a spot iv never touched or ran a cam just enjoying this view it looks like I should have tagged out by now but yea looks are deceiving lol

I have doe on camera not far from entrance but no bucks. Decided to go way deep in the woods Saturday and had the same results, all doe. Had a doe at ten yards, went to draw back and a twig from a dead branch I brushed in with got hung up in my cam. No doe for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HogStalker View Post
                        Did any of those take an arrow?

Didn’t shoot, I would have but couldn’t reach for my bow, they came out fast and straight under me and gone. 2 young spikes got passes also. I shoot spikes just not yearlings.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullwinkle View Post
                          Didn’t shoot, I would have but couldn’t reach for my bow, they came out fast and straight under me and gone. 2 young spikes got passes also. I shoot spikes just not yearlings.

Bummer, at least you’re seeing deer. I must be in a bad spot. Been good to me in years past, but no water around seems to be a problem. Have a decent buck on cam, but still only after dark. Finally saw a doe last night, but was out of range.

Comment

Well Good Luck I think things will be getting better soon. Do you know when the peak rut is here? I’m used to east tx and not sure if they’re on the same schedule here. Thx

Comment

Well Good Luck I think things will be getting better soon. Do you know when the peak rut is here? I’m used to east tx and not sure if they’re on the same schedule here. Thx

First week of Dec [emoji1303][emoji1303]

Comment

First week of Dec [emoji1303][emoji1303]

Thanks hog wild that’s a lot later than I guessed and makes sense why I had a big buck walk under me on my first hunt out there last year on dec 9 and saw a lot of bucks moving. So far I’ve only seen does yearlings this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X