No announcement yet.

Suppressors - School Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't heard one person say anything about solvent traps. Make your own and then register it as you would the store bought cans. They work just as well IMHO. You can make one yourself with bought parts for around 250-350 maybe even cheaper depending on what you use.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglegolfj View Post
      Haven't heard one person say anything about solvent traps. Make your own and then register it as you would the store bought cans. They work just as well IMHO. You can make one yourself with bought parts for around 250-350 maybe even cheaper depending on what you use.

I think the ATF and what they served down on that company selling them has everyone pretty quite at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
        You really think that gently easing a steel rod down the barrel is gonna cause more damage than launching a copper bullet at 3000FPS??

Yes. Copper is soft, steel is not. I know you are a gun guy, surely you know that copper doesn’t hurt a barrel other than maybe fouling but that is easily removed.

I would do it with a brass rod or maybe aluminum. Something softer then my steel rifle barrel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by offthemap View Post
          I think my next can is going to be the AB suppressor Raptor with a 6" reflex mount. Never held one but all reviews are great and I love the idea of the reflex mount.

Anyone have any experience with AB?
          I have one. Goes up to .338, full auto rated. It gets my 556 ar down to a level that you can shoot it without ear protection but it’s still loud. Seems well made. The reflex mount going back over the barrel is cool and doesn’t add to the length.

I’m a big fan of Swfa in Midlothian. The guys over there will call you by name every time you walk in the door. They’ll take your back if you get a bad product. They also will run you through the trust and tax stamp process. I can’t say enough good stuff about those guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamvo View Post
            I have one. Goes up to .338, full auto rated. It gets my 556 ar down to a level that you can shoot it without ear protection but it’s still loud. Seems well made. The reflex mount going back over the barrel is cool and doesn’t add to the length.

I’m a big fan of Swfa in Midlothian. The guys over there will call you by name every time you walk in the door. They’ll take your back if you get a bad product. They also will run you through the trust and tax stamp process. I can’t say enough good stuff about those guys.
            Good info. Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X