TBOT 2022 1st 3D Feb12th,13th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunt County Archery Club will host the 1st TBOT of 2022, details in the flyer below
    Attached Files

I won’t be able to make it. I live a million miles from everything now!!! [emoji38]

Y’all have fun, and I’ll be jealous!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
      I won’t be able to make it. I live a million miles from everything now!!! [emoji38]

Y’all have fun, and I’ll be jealous!!!!

Bisch

Welcome to the club.
      The Abilene club at Buffalo Gap is the closest one to me, and it's still a 50 mile drive from here.

You, Carl, and I need to try to hook up, and car pool to some of those shoots out east.

Rick

Comment

I think I can make that one, but out of curiosity, does anyone know why the Paris shoot at the end of January was cancelled?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
          Welcome to the club.

The Abilene club at Buffalo Gap is the closest one to me, and it's still a 50 mile drive from here.

You, Carl, and I need to try to hook up, and car pool to some of those shoots out east.

Rick
          I was glad to see Abilene on the schedule this spring. I'm planning on making that one. Honestly though, it's not in Abilene. Near maybe. [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll try to drag my pig wounding, buck missing, sorry shooting self over there some range time. Gotta get a groove going!

Comment

Originally posted by tradman View Post
              out of curiosity, does anyone know why the Paris shoot at the end of January was cancelled?
              It will be rescheduled, probably in March

Comment

I've never been to one but thinking of giving it a shot. Never been to any archery competition for that matter. How does it work? Do I need to be there at a certain time to sign in or just show up at any point during the day and shoot? What bows are legal? I gather no sights, rest or releases? Correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Onski69 View Post
                  I've never been to one but thinking of giving it a shot. Never been to any archery competition for that matter. How does it work? Do I need to be there at a certain time to sign in or just show up at any point during the day and shoot? What bows are legal? I gather no sights, rest or releases? Correct?
                  List of Rules and Guidelines.

Comment

Originally posted by TXRebel View Post
                    So do I need to be there first thing Saturday morning to sign up or can I just show up whenever and shoot whenever? Do I have to be there Sunday? Wife has plans for us Sunday that's why I ask.

Are the shooting distances known or unknown?

I'd like to bring my 8 year old to shoot too (mini cub I'd guess). Could he shoot with me and does he have his own set of stakes to shoot from or would he shoot in a group with other kids?

I have a bunch of old vintage one-piece wood bows I think that fit the description in the rules but could I shoot my Satori? It's an ILF (I have both recurve and longbow limbs) but I don't shoot with a rest (off the shelf only), no sight, stabilizer or clicker. And would I enter it in Modern Open Longbow and Modern Open Recurve? Or does it not qualify?

I couldn't find these answers on the webpage.

Comment

So do I need to be there first thing Saturday morning to sign up or can I just show up whenever and shoot whenever? Do I have to be there Sunday? Wife has plans for us Sunday that's why I ask.

Are the shooting distances known or unknown?

I'd like to bring my 8 year old to shoot too (mini cub I'd guess). Could he shoot with me and does he have his own set of stakes to shoot from or would he shoot in a group with other kids?

I can help with these answers: Most of the TBoT shoots have a California start, which means you go out to shoot whenever you show up. If you get there at 8, there will probably be a bunch of folks ready to go shoot, and you can jump in a group with one of them. If you sleep in and get there a little later, you might have to wait a little while for another shooter or two to show up to shoot with, but no worries, someone will point you in the right direction. These are laid back, fun to shoot events, and kids are welcome! Your son can shoot with you, and he'll have his own stake color to shoot from. You don't have to be there on Sunday. There are a lot of classes to shoot in for Tbot, and some people shoot multiple rounds in a day. Your first round in a particular class counts as your official score. The latter time given for Saturday on the flyer is when they want the score cards turned in by. So say you got there at 8, shot a round and finished around 9:30, you would turn in your card for that round. If you wanted to shoot another class, you would go out again, and could keep doing that all day as long as you finish your last round by the time they want cards turned in. Hopefully this all makes sense!

Comment

I have a bunch of old vintage one-piece wood bows I think that fit the description in the rules but could I shoot my Satori? It's an ILF (I have both recurve and longbow limbs) but I don't shoot with a rest (off the shelf only), no sight, stabilizer or clicker. And would I enter it in Modern Open Longbow and Modern Open Recurve? Or does it not qualify?

Someone with more info than myself might chime in, but I believe you can shoot your Satori. You would be in the Men's Open Recurve or Longbow, depending on which limbs you use. If I'm mistaken, someone will tell us, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by CamoQuest View Post
                          Someone with more info than myself might chime in, but I believe you can shoot your Satori. You would be in the Men's Open Recurve or Longbow, depending on which limbs you use. If I'm mistaken, someone will tell us, lol.
                          Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
                          I think you answered most all my questions. I really appreciate it.
                          Are the distances marked or do you have to guess what they are and what are the typical distances the mens open shoot from? I'm ok up to 20 yards. 25 gets iffy. 30 I'm out. I'll be chasing arrows all day. Still working on distance a bit.

Comment

Can anyone tell me about what range or the max range the Men's class shoots from or out to?

Comment

At most shoots, the average shot distance will be a little under 20yds. It varies depending on who sets the course though. There will be some shots much shorter, and a some longer. The longest could stretch out to 40 or more, but usually only one or two like that, and usually at really big targets like elk or bison.

You should come out and give it a try. It is a blast.

Bisch

Comment

Working...
                              X