Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They both have plus / minus's
    This is true.

Outdoor fireplaces are nice, but they’re relatively similar to pools. You’re not likely to recapture the cost.
    I built my own fire place and firepit/fire ring. While the fireplace materials cost me $1500 I have gotten my moneys worth many times over.

OP, you should do both and get a bigger pool while your at it.

Comment

Chose the location of pit or fireplace with wind direction in mind

Comment

Originally posted by Preacher Man View Post
        Outdoor fireplaces are nice, but they’re relatively similar to pools. You’re not likely to recapture the cost.

I go fire pit cause I like the camp fire feeling to it and can be done at low cost.

No HOA, I’ve been through 2 chimineas the past three years, we use it a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

How bout some pics of those who have some. We are going to start building next month.

Comment

Originally posted by DDH View Post
            Chose the location of pit or fireplace with wind direction in mind

So the back of the house is due south. Only use the fire pit/place in the winter. Every time we have a north wind, I smell brbq, due to the fact coopers is in my backyard.

Comment

built this about 4-5 years ago, we used it a ton. Sold that house last year, there will be another one going in at our new place. I’m going to use metal building material to build it and brick the columns. Using metal should cut the cost down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tbone3636 View Post
                built this about 4-5 years ago, we used it a ton. Sold that house last year, there will be another one going in at our new place. I’m going to use metal building material to build it and brick the columns. Using metal should cut the cost down.

That setup is the cats azz.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                  That setup is the cats azz.

Thank you sir, plenty of adult beverages and cigars had out there.... even used a beam to hang a blackbuck.. wife wasn’t too happy lol

Comment

Thank you sir, plenty of adult beverages and cigars had out there.... even used a beam to hang a blackbuck.. wife wasn’t too happy lol

I bet she got over it though.

Comment

sweet set up !

Comment

I was gonna call you a show off till I saw the black buck. Now, youre my hero. Congrats on that hang out spot. That's bad***

Comment

What does an outdoor fireplace cost to build? I really would like one and have a spot for an insert in my outdoor kitchen but I think I am going to abandon the idea and just get a decorative fire table run on propane. I have a nice end cap firepit that we use in the fall/winter.

I had one quote and it was nothing like these pictured, the guy wanted $8K and that more than I wanted to spend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            What does an outdoor fireplace cost to build? I really would like one and have a spot for an insert in my outdoor kitchen but I think I am going to abandon the idea and just get a decorative fire table run on propane. I have a nice end cap firepit that we use in the fall/winter.

I had one quote and it was nothing like these pictured, the guy wanted $8K and that more than I wanted to spend.

That sounds in line with what we paid, I’m sure you could have one put in with a insert and it be a lot cheaper.

Comment

People spend a lot of money just for looks, in my opinion an out door fire place looks great but is not truly doing any thing but a visual pleasure. A pit would cost less and seems as though people gather around them and , “enjoy “ them more. You could always make a good looking fire pit also, for less then the fireplace. Just my opinion of course.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                                People spend a lot of money just for looks, in my opinion an out door fire place looks great but is not truly doing any thing but a visual pleasure. A pit would cost less and seems as though people gather around them and , “enjoy “ them more. You could always make a good looking fire pit also, for less then the fireplace. Just my opinion of course.

I agree a fire pit would cost less, but we used that fire place religiously and it worked extremely well. I could sit out there and watch tv in shorts in 32 and under no problem with the heat it put off.

Comment

Working...
                                X