This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oktx View Post
    Ok. So what happened to the 4Q excuse? Lol!

I stand by it. He was good enough to not have to play the 4th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post

He was or his team was? The stats aren’t close, even removing 4Q. He meant more to his team than Tua. Saturday proved that. #blindedbyhate

Comment

He was or his team was? The stats aren’t close, even removing 4Q. He meant more to his team than Tua. Saturday proved that. #blindedbyhate

Not blinded, Murray is good although I hate his attitude I believe Tua is the best player in college football.
        Murray was asked to do me because he had to.

I think Bama drops a game if Tua doesn’t start all year. Hurts is good but he can’t stretch the field was Tua.

Comment

Tua will win it just because ....... Bama!

Comment

One of the benefits of bowl invitations often cited by coaches is the extra 15 practices to help prepare for the future. Of course, I'm sure most coaches want to reward seniors for their contributions to the program and, naturally, everybody wants to win. With those things in mind, I'm curious how much practice time is dedicated to working in underclassmen and installing new packages for the following season as opposed to preparing for the specific bowl opponent? I heard Jimbo allude to the extra practice time after becoming bowl eligible and again after invitations were accepted. I'm sure he'll make sure seniors (and underclassmen that declare early) get plenty of game action, but is there a specific effort to "reward" those players with a little extra rest during practices while getting more reps for next season's likely contributors?
            My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              One of the benefits of bowl invitations often cited by coaches is the extra 15 practices to help prepare for the future. Of course, I'm sure most coaches want to reward seniors for their contributions to the program and, naturally, everybody wants to win. With those things in mind, I'm curious how much practice time is dedicated to working in underclassmen and installing new packages for the following season as opposed to preparing for the specific bowl opponent? I heard Jimbo allude to the extra practice time after becoming bowl eligible and again after invitations were accepted. I'm sure he'll make sure seniors (and underclassmen that declare early) get plenty of game action, but is there a specific effort to "reward" those players with a little extra rest during practices while getting more reps for next season's likely contributors?
              Underclassman get a bunch more reps during this time.

Comment

Comment

Why does Haskins get no love? His passing stats are the better of the 3. Murray edges him barely in total yards and touchdowns. I think it should be between them two. Tua was getting killed and had to be saved by Hurts.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post

And his team can win without him. Not so much for OU. Saturday proved that theory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                      And his team can win without him. Not so much for OU. Saturday proved that theory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      Agreed.

Comment

I would put Murry over Tua because he did play all 4 quarters most of the time. Being protected is understandable but Tua didn't put himself out there like Murray. Just my thoughts. Both are very worthy of the award
                        Last edited by BrandonA; 12-03-2018, 06:29 PM.

Comment

It pains me at times to say it, but Kyler is a great athlete and his team would not win without him unlike Alabama.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                            Underclassman get a bunch more reps during this time.
                            Most bowl practices the 2's and 3's will scrimmage a lot and get more reps through the drills. From the bowl practices I have been apart of it is split about 50/50 based on upcoming opponent and future program players.

The bowl games are a reward for the season, so the practices are lighter. Now that was with Mack Brown and the Country Club he ran.

Comment

It is official, the 3 finalist going to NY are Tua, Kyler, and Haskins.

From twitter....

With Tua, Kyler and Haskins named as the 2018 Heisman finalists, a QB will win the award for:

- the 3rd consecutive year
                              - the 8th time in the last 9 years
                              - the 11th time in the last 13 years
                              - the 16th time in the last 19 years

Comment

I remember the two years in the last 13 that a QB didn't win. Grrrrrrrr.

Comment

Working...
                                X