***Antlers86 LIVE 2018***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
    Believe he is 6.5 this year. I've been watching him for some time and have TC pics back 3 yrs. He is a dandy for sure and one smart joker! Could have killed him 3 times last gun season. He put on some mass this year and was looking really good until he broke his split G2. Still a fine looking deer to me!
    Everyone's definition of trophy is different. I was after a buck last year with a spike on one side and 4 points on the other. I got him and I'm more pleased with him than I am the buck I have that I got a Texas big game award with.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
      Everyone's definition of trophy is different. I was after a buck last year with a spike on one side and 4 points on the other. I got him and I'm more pleased with him than I am the buck I have that I got a Texas big game award with.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
      Any deer with a bow is a trophy in my book!

Comment

That big guy is a bruiser. Hope you can get your sights on him.

Comment

I want to hear some score guesses on him. Not that it really matters.

Here are my numbers.

Mass 31
          Spread 15
          MB 21-21
          G1 5-5
          G2 9
          G3 9-9

He does have about 2" or so of right side G2 where it broke. Basically a 7pt

Comment

Thanks so much to Jason!

So, I had the most emotional roller coaster trying to get that deer! Jason was with me on the journey since the summer pics. I couldn't believe the deer was alive at 10am Wednesday morning, 15 hours after the shot. When we cleaned the deer, I actually hit him right where I wanted. He was quartered to me, so I settled the pin on the point of the shoulder. Shot hit right where I wanted, deflected down from the shoulder blade, took out that lung, but then exited out the bottom of the deer where a belly button would be.

I know I've read so many stories about tough deer but they really are. Sometimes it is just bowhunting. He did have gut injury, and he did go to the water. I think Jason's dog was on him, and I think we did jump him. He must've not been feeling good to hang right by that water. I definitely give the glory to God and thanked him for not only the deer and recovery but for the whole process and lessons learned along the way. I shot 3 deer with my Mathews last year and watched 1 fall at 20 yards and the other 2 within 50 yards. All I can say is shots can go as planned and still not finish deer like we think.

This is my biggest deer to date and he scored 135 3/8s as a clean 8. Thanks for the follows and encouragement. I couldn't be happier and am glad Jason and I got to share the experience! He takes some great photos too!

Comment

Originally posted by RazorbackRon View Post
              So, I had the most emotional roller coaster trying to get that deer! Jason was with me on the journey since the summer pics. I couldn't believe the deer was alive at 10am Wednesday morning, 15 hours after the shot. When we cleaned the deer, I actually hit him right where I wanted. He was quartered to me, so I settled the pin on the point of the shoulder. Shot hit right where I wanted, deflected down from the shoulder blade, took out that lung, but then exited out the bottom of the deer where a belly button would be.

I know I've read so many stories about tough deer but they really are. Sometimes it is just bowhunting. He did have gut injury, and he did go to the water. I think Jason's dog was on him, and I think we did jump him. He must've not been feeling good to hang right by that water. I definitely give the glory to God and thanked him for not only the deer and recovery but for the whole process and lessons learned along the way. I shot 3 deer with my Mathews last year and watched 1 fall at 20 yards and the other 2 within 50 yards. All I can say is shots can go as planned and still not finish deer like we think.

This is my biggest deer to date and he scored 135 3/8s as a clean 8. Thanks for the follows and encouragement. I couldn't be happier and am glad Jason and I got to share the experience! He takes some great photos too!
              Still a toad of an 8!

Comment

Alright little work left to do at the ranch and then it's go time! I'm going Trad this evening at front stand location. There will be LDPs of something!!!! Lots of activity at this stand from a variety of critters. Will update stand view when I get setup.

Comment

Good luck this evening

Comment

Yuck!!!! Cloud cover coming. I may hold off until 5:30 to head in.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Steady ESE wind! Perfect for this stand. Quick change if clothes and I'm heading in.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hopefully I don't hurt anyone's feelings.

Something said to bring both.
                          Attached Files

Comment

In good luck tonight

Comment

Big guy has been here before. You just never know.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Covered up with Doe's directly below me!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X