No announcement yet.

Getting mixed feeder pen reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hogs will get over 1/2 cow panel. My brother screwed up and cut just a little off top of hog panel and now the big ones are getting in his. Barb wire top probably best if you decide to do it.

Comment

We were absolutely covered up in pigs. 4 years ago we built pens using the 34" hog panels, 18 total panels per pen in a circular shape. No pigs, no cows, lots of deer.

Comment

I would not waste my time or money cutting a normal height (52" I think) cattle panel in half

I would put up full height and maybe cut out the top 2 squares (4-5') in a couple of places to direct the deer to come into the pen and go with that

Comment

I don’t think a half cattle panel will keep the hogs out. We use 34” hog panels and have never had an issue with hogs getting in and we are overrun with them. I would not put a strand of barbed wire on top as the is just asking for a deer to get their leg hung IME.

Comment

Trouble with cutting them is you end up with one half that is only spikes and if you place that side facing down the pigs will root under it and if you face that side up they bend them down leaving you with only 20 in height and they'll start jumping there.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Comment

Spend the extra coin and get the hog panels.

Comment

Had different pens around my feeder for years. But took them down last year and not going to put them up again.

Comment

Working...
                X