Help me plan a trip to Ruidoso...hunt & fish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me plan a trip to Ruidoso...hunt & fish

I'm taking my parents to Ruidoso sometime in October, probably the first half. I'd like to hunt and fish while I'm in New Mexico. I've looked at the schedule and it seems only Grouse is open during that time, which is fine if anybody has any recommendations. I'd also like to do some fly fishing on one of the rivers so any help would be appreciated. I'm also open to bear, antelope, or whatever else is in season during that time. Thanks for the help

ttt planning on a hiring a guide

Comment

Up for you.

Sorry, no help with any info, but I will be watching this if others post a response. Ruidoso has been near the top on my “go to” hunting, fishing, hiking, etc. places for a while now.

Have a great time there with your parents.

Comment

You can get a guide on the reservation for elk and mulies I think---

Comment

Inn of the Mountain Gods.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I would think you're going top have trouble finding a place to hunt, everything should be booked up.

Comment

Bears are eating the pinion nuts and oak acorns right now. I kicked alot of bear poop this past week just west.

Some bear units are OTC in NM.

Comment

We went over the summer. I was looking for a spot to fly fish and never even saw anything that looked remotely possible. I think they do some stocking in the streams around town in the spring, but that isn't really fishing to me. There is also not a single "Fly Shop" in town, so that should tell you something. I also can't give you any grouse tips either, but good luck.

We enjoyed the area around Cloudcroft and the Capitan Mountains. We did stay closer to town a night or two. Not sure what sleeping arrangements you will have. The whole area is really nice! The ski lifts and the Mountain Gods were shutdown when we were there so you may look into that.

Comment

Thanks for the info, hope this helps MAP plan his trip.

Comment

Working...
                  X