No announcement yet.

Question for those who still watch NFL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watch because I enjoy the game. The games don't matter much at all to me anymore as far as who wins/loses. Even Cowboys games don't mean much to me. I just enjoy watching.
    It is getting harder to ignore/filter out all the krud, krap, and corrosion that goes with it, but if I can tolerate an entire game of Cris Collinsworth announcing, I can tolerate just about anything.

Comment

Originally posted by tfrye View Post
      I understand how people could take my post, but I have a backbone and strong beliefs so I am not the majority but understand what you mean. This was my answer for the sports question. I will watch sports until they make me do or agree to something that I don't.

I am also not the type to boycott stuff either, I understand and know why others do but I have never done that.

No one, for any reason, should be able to make you do something you fundamentally don’t agree with. If that’s even an option your backbone and beliefs comment is BS.

Comment

I watch football and enjoy it. But all this unity, kneeling, standing with arms crossed bs I don’t watch. Too me it’s stupid.
        I will change the channel when they start the pre-game ceremony, because I don’t want to see that bs. I noticed this weekend of all the unity blm race bs commercials again I would switch channel. I want to watch a football game and don’t care for their political agendas nor the networks political crap. But If it continues and it will probably get worse I will stop watching.

Comment

Someone made a good point prior (if a few more words). For most of us, could we expect to come into the workplace and flaunt and push our political beliefs without recourse? Absolutely not. Same thing here, the football field is their office. Get out and actually do something about what you believe in vs. kneeling before your game and holding your fist up. Whether I agreed with it or not, at least that's admirable. This same point is why we have to draw a line and as hard as it is, won't support the network viewership.

I bet that if the members here were polled on this yes or no support issue, you'd find the majority on each side fit certain age ranges. I think standing for something, the education on the matter and how to interpret the net benefit all come with time, experience and knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech1233 View Post
            So it’s ok to patronize businesses that support BLM, etc so long as you don’t see it visibly displayed to you in their store? Out of sight out of mind?

Not for me, it's not. There are a lot of businesses I go out of my way to support, and there are businesses that I will not buy from that don't display their support for different causes... I'll give one for instance... I do not shop at Home Depot. Haven't for years. Soon as I learned that they were the largest sponsor and donor to the Rainbow Coalition and gay rights parade in Kalifornika, I stopped shopping there...

I admit, it creates difficulties for me from time to time, but I do my best not to support companies that fund/support things contrary to my core beliefs. It is for that reason that I could NEVER vote for a DemoKraut. They pretty much stand for everything I am against personally, morally, and financially.

Comment

It was good to watch football yesterday. Just wish my fantasy team would have done better!

Comment

Some very disappointing responses in this thread. Just leaves me shaking my head at where we are as a society.

Comment

Unfortunately, many talk the talk but don't walk the walk. They will not get a dime from me until the stance changes. I understand they are in a difficult situation but their support for a horrible organization is basically agreeing with that organizations stance. Time for the sleeping giant to wake up and do something - very simple, don't watch, no income to owners, they change or go bankrupt. By the way, the organization that is taking a stand for diversity inclusion, 70% of the league is of a particular race. hypocrites much?!

Comment

I can't do it...no way am I going to watch disrespect to the flag & be fed bs on social justice from a bunch of rich cry babies who don't even put any effort into fixing the real problem of where they (actually have muscle) along with a 'genuine' blm organization should focus & that's black on black violence that is purposefully being ignored. Until this happens, then the NFL & all the players currently going along with this nonsense are propelling & supporting this marxist agenda both blm & antifa 'openly admit' is the end game.

It's amazing to me people don't get how screwed up this country is becoming & losing her soul in our watch...to hell with any sports who support this crap. It's shameful. We elected a black man as potus for two terms & now all the sudden we need a history lesson & cops are evil?? WTH, what about all the LE who are assigned to these games protecting the very people who are now supporting a movement demonizing their existence??

Someone needs to post the 'I think I'm taking Crazy Pills' gif...

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                      I understand Direct TV. But Fox , ABC, NBC, and CBS all show professional sports.
                      I can't think of any shows I watch anymore except the Goldbergs about once per month and I don't know which station it plays on (the wife watches it).

Is there anything on air TV worth watching anymore? I'm sure Jerry Springer is still on Maybe The View LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech1233 View Post
                        So it’s ok to patronize businesses that support BLM, etc so long as you don’t see it visibly displayed to you in their store? Out of sight out of mind?
                        Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                        guess I missed that post. Which one was it?
                        He's looking for an excuse. He knows that you can find a liberal that owns, runs, or does accounting for every business in America just about.

Comment

Originally posted by huntmaster View Post
                          I watched the cowboys lastnite and felt uneasy doing it. Everytime I saw the crap on their helmets and thought about when the cowboys were told they couldnt put the ambushed police on their helmets a few years ago or that Tebow couldnt wear scripture or kneel to pray, it made me sick to my stomach. I may watch the cowboys again but it wont be soon, I felt like a traitor to my beliefs.
                          Very well put. I watched part of the game last night and felt the same way.

Comment

Unfortunately, this has spread to the college football as well. At least in the preseason. I have pretty much quit watching the NFL , but still enjoyed watching the Aggies. But a lot has been happening on college campus , with many football players threatening to sit out the season. There are some calling for the removal of Sully ( the statue) at Texas A&M. I believe that they have realized that it would cost a lot in terms of donations if they continue to attack our traditions . But we shall see what happens when the conference play starts.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                              My Amazon package doesn't have BLM written on it. The songs I hear don't start off saying BLM or whatever and then play. Does HEB have BLM signs in their store?
                              Like I said, out of sight out of mind. I just asked a question in my previous post. These sound like excuses to me.

Comment

I’ll take a photo in HEB with a “Supports BLM” on a HEB banner if it’s still there. They change it every couple weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X