Question for those who still watch NFL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for those who still watch NFL

For those who still watch the NFL - What would they have to do/say before you stop supporting them?

I'd like a few serious answers.

Please do not reply saying... I never watched NFL...Or other comments. I'm just trying to ask the people who still watch a question. Just curious if they can tune out everything no matter what they do/say and watch football.

Good question. You have my curiosity also.

Comment

I’d like to see these answers as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don’t support them. I watch them on TV. If they started playing baseball or soccer, I would stop watching them. Today I floated in my pool, drinking a beer, watching a game while my kid napped. I bet I had a better day than you. You complain. A lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Smell the Glove View Post
          I don’t support them. I watch them on TV. If they started playing baseball or soccer, I would stop watching them. Today I floated in my pool, drinking a beer, watching a game while my kid napped. I bet I had a better day than you. You complain. A lot.
          So where does someone begin with a comment on that post? It looks to me like you’re the one complaining about the gentleman’s genuine question. And watching them would be supporting them. Not watching them is what would be called not supporting them.

Comment

Originally posted by PVDT View Post
            So where does someone begin with a comment on that post? It looks to me like you’re the one complaining about the gentleman’s genuine question. And watching them would be supporting them. Not watching them is what would be called not supporting them.
            So if I watch the news, am I supporting it? I don’t think so. I just watch the local news because it’s entertaining. I don’t buy merch and I haven’t purchased tickets in a very long time. If a prison league was free and entertaining, I’d probably watch it.

Comment

Sometimes you have to stand for something....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nothing. I separate my sports / entertainment from my beliefs. I don’t mix the two.

Comment

Originally posted by Smell the Glove View Post
                  So if I watch the news, am I supporting it? I don’t think so. I just watch the local news because it’s entertaining. I don’t buy merch and I haven’t purchased tickets in a very long time. If a prison league was free and entertaining, I’d probably watch it.
                  Would you for any reason ever stop watching?
                  I loved football watched it for 30 years.
                  Don't watch any sports now because I just want the sports not the activism.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll chime in.

Pro ball, I only watch the Cowboys. Always have always will.

College ball I would watch Austin College play McMurry if it was on tv.

I don't watch "The game" like most people do. As many of yall know I coached small College football for 25 years. I see 11 guys trying to do their job on each play to be successful as one unit. Then there are 11 guys trying to stop you from being successful.

Coaches competing against each other to put their players in the best position to win every week.

I don't see names just numbers and watch them give it their all.

I coached alot of great young people, black, white and brown. I also coached some real ****e heads, black, white and brown. We kept the good people and got rid of the bad people. I still talk with many of my players today. I know that many other coaches and players are just like me and my ex players. Most talk is about life, families, kids and not football related.

I don't watch pregame shows. If a game starts at 3, I tune in at 3:05 just to watch the game.

You choose not to watch and that's ok.
                    I choose to watch only the Cowboys and that's ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                      Nothing. I separate my sports / entertainment from my beliefs. I don’t mix the two.
                      Exactly. Just like actors always giving their opinions, whether in an interview or awards show. It doesn't stop me from going to the movies.

Comment

Originally posted by BarW View Post
                        Would you for any reason ever stop watching?
                        I loved football watched it for 30 years.
                        Don't watch any sports now because I just want the sports not the activism.

Yes, if I was no longer entertained. I don’t watch it for their opinions or because I care about them as people. Just like any other form of entertainment that is broadcast on my television.

Comment

If you watch the news you are supporting whatever program it is on. Now I believe Jane Fonda is a good actress and has been in several good movies according to reviews and sales. As a Viet Nam vet I will never watch the *****. As for the NFL, many years ago I had to present American Flags to grieving families. The NFL can go to hell with the rapist they honor on their helmets.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry View Post
                            If you watch the news you are supporting whatever program it is on. Now I believe Jane Fonda is a good actress and has been in several good movies according to reviews and sales. As a Viet Nam vet I will never watch the *****. As for the NFL, many years ago I had to present American Flags to grieving families. The NFL can go to hell with the rapist they honor on their helmets.
                            Thanks for your service. I respect your right not to watch what you aren’t interested in.

Comment

Its very easy to watch football for football and ignore anything political..especially if you mute the sound.

Comment

Working...
                              X