1911 knowledge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MasonCo. View Post
    I have always been into the 1911, and will be purchasing one soon.

Please chime in and give some recommendations.

I will not be concealing this pistol.
    I want a 45, not a compact

From what I have been told, stick with a Springfield or a colt.

I’m wanting a high quality 1911, not a 600-800 dollar 1911.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So, what is your budget, there are varying degrees of high quality

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
      Oh yeah? Cause used to you could buy an STI, shoot a crapload of handloads out of it, put a different grip on it, mill the slide down to a certain weight, and they would still warranty it.

Now it seems as though cerakoating it voids the warranty..... https://staccato2011.com/warranty-agreement/
      ...and that has affected your life in what way?? Have you contacted Chris to see if he could in any way see if your particular issue could be resolved??

...or is there is another side of the story of where aftermarket alterations went sideways & you want the OEM to eat your bad decision?? Just trying to understand the underlying bad mouthing of a bad arse company / tbh sponsor.

I have several staccato's from customers waiting to come in & being the small fry I am in the gun world...I doubt your gritch'n is gonna hurt.

Comment

Dan Wesson, night hawk, or Wilson combat is where I’d start looking if I was dropping some coin on a 1911. Very respectable name with reliability to back it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
          ...and that has affected your life in what way?? Have you contacted Chris to see if he could in any way see if your particular issue could be resolved??

...or is there is another side of the story of where aftermarket alterations went sideways & you want the OEM to eat your bad decision?? Just trying to understand the underlying bad mouthing of a bad arse company / tbh sponsor.

I have several staccato's from customers waiting to come in & being the small fry I am in the gun world...I doubt your gritch'n is gonna hurt.
          Doesn't hurt me at all. I'm a shooter, not a mall ninja. STI used to build guns for shooters; now it doesnt seem as such.

I simply said they had changed direction and warranty statement. Sorry that hurts your feelings.

Comment

Doesn't hurt me at all. I'm a shooter, not a mall ninja. STI used to build guns for shooters; now it doesnt seem as such.

I simply said they had changed direction and warranty statement. Sorry that hurts your feelings.
            I'm sticking up for my friend & a company direction I respect...you are butt hurt over a some vague wnty coverage without even dealing with them directly with a defect of one of their products??

It's a name change & a lawyer / mitigation clause...some of the best shooters in the world are choosing staccato & yet you have picked yourself as the judge / jury of their wnty policies without any personal experience as the know it all on tbh 1911 knowledge??

I'm at a loss...I wanna hear you PERSONAL experience where staccato screwed you over.

Comment

I'm sticking up for my friend & a company direction I respect...you are butt hurt over a some vague wnty coverage without even dealing with them directly with a defect of one of their products??

It's a name change & a lawyer / mitigation clause...some of the best shooters in the world are choosing staccato & yet you have picked yourself as the judge / jury of their wnty policies without any personal experience as the know it all on tbh 1911 knowledge??

I'm at a loss...I wanna hear you PERSONAL experience where staccato screwed you over.
              Ok whatever you win. I stand by my statements.

And is STI/Staccato a TBH sponsor anymore? And which top shooters are you referring to?Honest question .

Comment

Like I said get a nice series 70.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok whatever you win. I stand by my statements.

And is STI/Staccato a TBH sponsor anymore? And which top shooters are you referring to?Honest question .
                  tell me about all the slide mods / ceracoating wnty turndowns first...I'll get with Chris on shooting sponsors if you still want to tango / wager.

honest question

Comment

tell me about all the slide mods / ceracoating wnty turndowns first...I'll get with Chris on shooting sponsors if you still want to tango / wager.

honest question
                    I just would like to know why they went from making off-the-shelf competition pistols and a warranty to match, to these super-tactical guns with a different company name and warranty statement. Go ahead and ask Chris for me.

If "Dillon Precision" went from a "No BS Warranty" to: "Dalton Machine" and a "we dont want to hear from you warranty" would you not be a little suspect?

Comment

Several years ago my daughter and I were doing some shooting some 9mm’s and she asked if she could shoot a Kimber .45 of mine. I had my doubts but said sure you can try it but probably won’t like it. Well she took to it like flies on stink. I then bought her a Ed Brown Custom Carry and it’s a fine handgun. She shoots it very well for a 100lb girly girl or not.

Comment

I just would like to know why they went from making off-the-shelf competition pistols and a warranty to match, to these super-tactical guns with a different company name and warranty statement. Go ahead and ask Chris for me.

If "Dillon Precision" went from a "No BS Warranty" to: "Dalton Machine" and a "we dont want to hear from you warranty" would you not be a little suspect?
                        Why not ask yourself...or all those despondent with the current wnty that is dissolving the company of all their failures.

Comment

Why not ask yourself...or all those despondent with the current wnty that is dissolving the company of all their failures.
                          Well when you quit marketing guns to people that actually use them on a regular basis I would assume the failure rate would drop......

With that I withdraw from the debate.
                          Last edited by TacticalCowboy; 01-27-2021, 12:08 AM.

Comment

If I wanted to get a high dollar 1911 right now I'd get a Nighthawk Custom or an STI. I don't have any experience with either but they're good. For the price tag that's on them they better be anyway.

Comment

I have always been a Colt guy when it came to 1911's. Get with the original. Like the gun/caliber and then step up to the STI's , Ed Browns and Jesse James guns. Then again. If you buy basic stock and then customize it. You can build your own to your specs and budget.

The series 70 Colt has a better trigger Than the series 80.
                              Read here for good info on those triggers. https://rangehot.com/series-70-vs-80...han-you-think/
                              Gold Cup models have National Match features an Adjustable Wide Trigger, National Match® Barrel, Adjustable Target Sights, and many other refinements as standard.
                              Hope you find ammo. You may be stuck with a gun with nothing to shoot out of it.

Comment

Nighthawk.

Comment

Working...
                                X