Spy point link micro vs. tactacam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spy point link micro vs. tactacam

Cabelas has them both on sale for $100. Looks like the unlimited plans are the same price give or take a few bucks. I know the reveal is new and not many reviews yet but I don’t know anything about this spy point either. Which one would you choose and why. Would be my first cell camera. Also going to buy 2 if that makes any difference.

avoid spypoint. I have 2 to 3 bars of signal and I get maybe 10% of the photos taken in a day actually sent to me. The miniSD card has a majority of the photos. The three cameras I have now are just poor image quality regular trail cameras. I wish I would have spent the extra money and purchased a better set of cameras

Comment

Thanks

Comment

I bought a spypoint. It was complete junk. I tried it with a solar panel and 12volt rech battery and it would last 2-3 days before the battery was dead. it didn't matter if I had it set to send pics constantly or just twice a day. I also tried it with AA batteries with the same results. I won't own another one. That being said almost everyone I talk to has had good luck with theirs.

Comment

I’ve got two SPYPOINT micros and they have done well the couple months I’ve had them. Granted the picture quality is sub par but as far as cellular function, they have performed as intended.

Comment

Might try 1 of each. Seems like spy point is either pretty good or complete junk. Have been reading horror stories of their customer support.

Comment

So this one is trash?!?!

What about this one??

Comment

I'm on my second season with four Micros. I have only had a problem with one of them and they replaced it. They are nowhere near the best BUT for the cost they work well. The cell APP is user friendly. In my location cell service is spotty so I added antennas to them and it has them up to 3 and 4 bars now. As above, picture quality is something they could really work on! Nothing compared to a Spartan or Covert. Using Double AA batteries will last a season IF you transmit pics twice a day and a few hundred pics a month. If you transmit multiple times a day and get a thousand plus pics a month on a feeder you'll need a 12v for sure. Customer service is so so.. If it's in your budget, I'd honestly go with a Spartan or a Covert.

Comment

Not sure but it’s **** sure big. Lol

Comment

Thanks Duckhead

Comment

We currently run 5 of the Micros.

Cell Reception/photo transmission- most of them are in areas where cell reception is 1 bar. occasionally we wont receive pictures until the next day. We have them set on instant detection/transmission and have had great luck with them. Pigs show up on cams, gear up, stalk, shoot. Rinse and repeat.

Photo quality is where these lack. Good enough to know if its a pig/doe/buck, but not good enough to decipher points and quality very well.

Maybe we've just got lucky and haven't received any lemons, but overall we have been very pleased with them. Being able to change settings from your phone is great. Usually run it with 5-15 min delay when we aren't out there, and then crank it up to instant when we are at the property.

Comment

We have run 3 of the Link Micros with the Nationwide service since middle of last year and they have been very good. Maybe not the best resolution but for $100 they have worked well. You can always pull the card out of the camera if you want high resolution of an image. The app works good but i seem to have to log on all the time - not that big of a deal but annoying.

Comment

I’m running 5 of the SPYPOINT micro here in southeast Texas ( Newton county) and have been for about 5 months. Other than battery life mine have worked flawlessly. The picture quality you get over the phone is not the same that is on the disk when you pull it. It’s significantly better on the card.

Comment

I can tell you the night time pics on the Reveal are crazy good. Way better than my Coverts.

Comment

Got my Tactacam Reveal in yesterday and set it up in the yard; so far I am very impressed! I have not had a chance to use the video option yet. Spypoint also updated their app the other day. Still user friendly and the picture quality is better.

Comment

Working...
                              X