Javelina in Wise County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hornfan View Post
    Good question. No idea. I’m hoping someone on here has the background.
    Fairly certain it was the Waggoner Ranch that brought in quite a few years and years ago. I set in on a presentation that discussed it was them that established the North Texas population.
    So that would explain those around the Seymour area.

Comment

I’ve seen them several times in throckmorton and Woodson area. Had to do a double take the first time

Comment

We have plenty in Wilbarger and Foard County, seen plenty in Archer as well.

Comment

My lease in Knox co is covered up in them��I killed this Javi in 2017 w my bow and had a rug made of it.
          Attached Files

Comment

We have them in Garza county. State biologist told me there were only feral hogs there. I showed him pictures and he told me the photos were from someplace else. I just shook my head and walked away.

Comment

[QUOTE=talltexasshoote;14358165]We have them in Garza county. State biologist told me there were only feral hogs there. I showed him pictures and he told me the photos were from someplace else. I just shook my head and walked away.[/QUOTE

I have seen them in Northeast Scurry County

Comment

saw my first one in twenty years on our lease in Callahan County just north of Baird last fall. Also saw our first aoudad ever there. West tx closing in quickly on us...

Comment

You guys who have occasional sightings need to shoot your 2 per license year if given the opportunity and bring everyone else you can convince to come to take their 2 as well!! They are MUCH worse than hogs!! At least hogs, you can shoot on sight as many as you see... these little sapsuckers are a game animal and our great state has decided 2 per year is enough for each of us to kill. So if you just watch 'em won't be long 'til you will have enough that you can't control them alone... legally.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    You guys who have occasional sightings need to shoot your 2 per license year if given the opportunity and bring everyone else you can convince to come to take their 2 as well!! They are MUCH worse than hogs!! At least hogs, you can shoot on sight as many as you see... these little sapsuckers are a game animal and our great state has decided 2 per year is enough for each of us to kill. So if you just watch 'em won't be long 'til you will have enough that you can't control them alone... legally.
                    Yep, and they are bad news for dogs too.

Comment

Can’t kill them in the northern countries without an open season

Comment

Had some in Motley/Cottle County line when i hunted up there

Comment

That's really cool!

Comment

I believe the Waggoner Ranch introduced them to our area north of yall. We have 3 herds of about 20-40 that roam around our place. We don't shoot very many of them.

Comment

The Matador has had sightings in the past.

Comment

You better clean them also cause you can’t throw them out like hogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X