Javelina in Wise County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Javelina in Wise County

So last weekend, we’re at our farm west of Bridgeport and I’m looking out the back window of our house at a feeder down the hill. I had just told my wife and girls that we haven’t been seeing many pigs. Well, I see this dude at the feeder and me and my daughter scramble out of the house with the 221 Fireball and the Caldwell rest like we always do.

We get setup and I take a look through the binocs and knew right away it was a Javi. I couldn’t believe it. My 16YO daughter didn’t really appreciate the unique situation and was hoping to KAP. So we take some pics with our Nikon with the zoom lens and these 2 are the best I have. There were two of them. Funny thing is I’ve had a cam at this feeder for 2 months and had just moved it. I think this might have been the first day they were there.

I have a buddy that has seen them in Throckmorton county and I saw a thread from 2014 on TBH about North Tx sightings. But I’ve never heard of one in Wise. The map shows some stockings that were done in N Tx (see the black dots). I don’t know the timeframe or anything about them - but I plan to do more research. There apparently was a stocking in Jack county. Maybe these are part of that group that has moved East. I’m sure there are guys on TBH that can add some info on their range in N Tx.

Looks like there is no season in Wise. Will be interesting to see if they establish a population.
    Attached Files

. . .

Comment

That's clearly a black panther

Comment

Can I give you a few more?

Comment

I saw one north of Olney a few years ago

Comment

Why would they have introduced them outside their “previously known” range?

Comment

We get a pic every year or two in central Young county, I saw one last year.

Comment

I'm north of Chico. Haven't seen any up there yet.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Hunt in Mills, haven't seen any also.

Comment

I’ve had pics of one in Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                      Why would they have introduced them outside their “previously known” range?
                      Good question. No idea. I’m hoping someone on here has the background.

Comment

We have a few in Young and have seen them fairly frequently in Archer county.

Comment

Saw one ran over out toward Seymor several years ago.

Comment

I've got thousands of pig trail-cam pics NE of Throckmorton, but no Javelina yet.

Comment

I harvested 1 out of a herd of 6 near Seymour,Tx in Baylor county, a long, long time ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X