Suppressor Christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suppressor Christmas

I’m going to give the gift of suppression to myself for Christmas this year.

While doing so, I figured I might as well get 4 or 5 at the same time.

In searching the archives, these seem to be the most recommended suppressors:

TBAC Ultra 9 and Ultra 7
    YHM Resonator
    Silencerco Omega 300
    Dead Air Nomad 30
    Dead Air Mask for .22

Any changes or new suppressors that I should consider?

My plan is to drive up to Capital Armory to make the purchase. Or is there another dealer in the San Antonio/Austin area that I should buy from?

Capitol Armory was quick and easy for me. Fingerprints and picture done in the store. Just bought my first 2 last month. I got a Mod 9 and a Nomad L.

Comment

Ive got the Original Omega and both the Ultra 7 and 9. I like the thunderbeasts the best, but you cant go wrong with anything on your list. Ive only bought from Capital Armory and my experience has always been great.

Comment

For the Thunderbeast, look at the Magnus. .3" bigger around, same length as the Ultra 9 but supposedly way better suppression. I'll know in 7-9 months as I just purchased one. Does cost more but I found a deal from a dealer on Gunbroker.

I've purchased from Capital and they were great and prices are good too.

Comment

I went with the resonator due to the silencer shop videos and a chart that said it had the best .30 cal suppression. And at $550 the price was outstanding. I would suggest buying their direct thread cap instead of their quick release as it saves a couple ounces and 1.5” of length. Unless you have to switch between 5/8” and 1/2” thread.

On my bolt .308 it’s laughable how quiet it is.

The dead air nomad is extremely popular. Just a tiny bit louder than the resonator. Not sure if you could tell a difference. They do offer some titanium versions which are lighter but the price really jumps out there. Some guys have trouble with the dead air mount and end up with baffle strikes. At least on the NFA subreddit.

Don’t feel like the TBAC is nearly as popular and haven’t read much about them.

However I’m very pleased with the resonator. Finish could be a bit stronger but that is my only complaint so far.

In regards to which store, silencer shop with their trust services sure was handy, but if you are going to do a full trust it may not matter.
          Subsonic 300blk AR is a bunch of fun. Supersonic .300blk is hearing comfortable but probably not “safe”.

On an AR-10 I was so unimpressed I sold the rifle but it was already a heavy beast to tote around.

Comment

I have a bunch and the Dead Air Nomad TI is my favorite by far. It’s stupid light

Comment

Deadair Nomad TI
              TB ultra 7
              TB ultra 9
              Deadair nomad 30
              Omega

Comment

Capitol Armory is good to go.

Just FYI a 9” suppressor make even a short barrel long. I would stay 7” or under.

You didn’t mention budget but if you are looking at TBAC cans, I assume it’s healthy.

In that case I would toward the Dead Air Nomad Ti or the TBAC Dominus. The standard Nomad is also very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

3 Resonators here .. absolutely 0 complaints

Comment

Capital armory all the way.

I have a resonator r2 and a hybrid 46 and the resenator sounds great imo better than the hybrid.

My brother has a omega and it’s very small and extremely quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                      I have a bunch and the Dead Air Nomad TI is my favorite by far. It’s stupid light
                      Preach! Love my nomad Ti. Capitol armory is the way.

Comment

Solid list. Thunder beast are outstanding as well as the nomads. Every person Ive talked to with a resonator has nothing but good things to say about them but that’s the only one I’ve never shot.

9 inch cans have great sound suppression but can be unwieldy. I ran one for several years with no complaints but that was on an 18 inch barrel.

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

I have a resonator R2 as well and compared to others I have shot/listened to, it's very difficult to beat for the price and performance. For my pistols, I went with a rugged obsidian 45 and I shoot it on everything from .22lr up to .45ACP and it is extremely solid. It is also a long/short option suppressor as you can remove a portion and K-can it. I got my trust and both cans at capital armory. Two cans and I cover everything I own that is threaded.

Comment

Some good suggestions here. I will add that the SiCo Harvester Evo is a good little can in that $500 price range.

Comment

I'm no expert but here's my 2 cents. I wanted the best precision suppressor on the market and I wanted one that I could switch between my rifles easily. My research lead me to the TBAC Ultra 7 and I love it for that purpose. Its been great. It makes a 24" barrel rifle a little difficult to move around in a stand so a 9" can may be too much for stand hunting depending on barrel length and stand size.

I have an old YHM Phantom QD that's built like a tank that I use for high volume ar shooting where precision isn't the primary goal. I wish I had an integrally suppressed 10/22. And a pistol suppressor would be fun to round it all out.

Comment

Working...
                              X