Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CEO View Post
    This isn't a rent to own deal is it?
    No, this is a local company that is similar to rvshare.com, except they store the trailer, clean it after each rental, and do standard repairs ... according to their contract anyway.

Comment

Send them a certified letter telling them what day it will be reported stolen and try to get it done that way. No trailor report it stolen. May not help but it’s a cheap way to try and get it back so you can evaluate your next step.

Comment

It's a long shot but have you called off a different number and acted like an interested renter? Tell them you want to rent "Katy".

Comment

Kevin, is the contract with Vakay or with the ultimate renters? Did the rent checks come from the renters or Vakay? I saw on their website that they set it up for the renters, so did the renters then move it themselves to Louisiana from the Woodlands?

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
            Tina did call the Ft Bend Sheriff. They told here that she should bring in the demand letter, the signature receipt, the contract, and proof that they have the trailer, and a theft report could be filed.

This will start us on track to get the trailer back. To get the past due rental money, we'll have to file in small claims court.
            Sounds like you are on the right track on both the criminal and civil side of things.

Comment

Burnadell is involved. I predict a good outcome soon.

Comment

Did this company insure the trailer?
                What does your insurance say?

I'm in for the lawsuit. Seems like, if nothing else, they will go broke after you sue. I can't see you losing.

And what did they say when you called from that other phone when she answered?

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                  Kevin, is the contract with Vakay or with the ultimate renters? Did the rent checks come from the renters or Vakay? I saw on their website that they set it up for the renters, so did the renters then move it themselves to Louisiana from the Woodlands?
                  The contract is with Vakay and the checks come from them as well.
                  Typically the renter would take the trailer wherever they wanted to use it, but Vakay did offer a delivery/setup service for those that didn't have a truck to pull it. I have no idea if it was ever in the Woodlands OR Louisiana. For all I know it was all a bunch of lies.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                    Did this company insure the trailer?
                    What does your insurance say?

I'm in for the lawsuit. Seems like, if nothing else, they will go broke after you sue. I can't see you losing.

And what did they say when you called from that other phone when she answered?
                    We have insurance on it, but they claim to carry a policy as well for potential damages.

When I called from my boss' phone, I was asking about our payments. Back then, they were only 3 months behind. First they said that they had reached their Venmo limit. So I told them to mail me a check. They insisted that they'd get it sorted out and get me paid. A few days later, we'd get Venmo for 1 months rent.

Comment

I think it's time to pay them a personal visit and quit ***** footing around .

Comment

What in the world did y'all let happen to Fort Bend County. The place turned blue. It doesn't look like the FBCSO is going to be of any help at all.

Comment

Keep in mind that your insurance will very likely try to dispute your claim for renting it, unless there is a specific clause for it.

I hate you’re having to deal with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Have you not knocked on their door? Like every ******* day!

Comment

Are these the scam artists?

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
                                What in the world did y'all let happen to Fort Bend County. The place turned blue.
                                We let in 1 person from California...and he told his friends in New York.

Comment

Working...
                                X