No announcement yet.

Reminded myself today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the percentage of people who pick it up and get good really quick is pretty small. Most of us have to work hard at it, dealbwith the suck, and the realize we have to keep working at it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone in the north San Antonio area want to shoot together some time? One thing I've never done is shoot with another person.

Comment

Also, don't try to compare distances to a compound. A 20 yard Trad shot is getting out there. When I first started I thought I had to group all my arrows in a pie plate at 20 yards. Heck, I'm having a good day if I can do that at 15 yards now.

Comment

Years ago I sold my compound. Only two choices after that. Either get proficient or wait till general season. I haven’t touched a rifle in a long time. It takes thousands of shots to get proficient the way I shoot. If you gap shoot, probably not near the practice.

Comment

Originally posted by TXbowman View Post
            Anyone in the north San Antonio area want to shoot together some time? One thing I've never done is shoot with another person.

Hit up leading edge archery there in borne Scott and his guys are amazing at setup they also shoot competitions in the off season so they know what their talking about when it comes to form and setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Drop me a PM I'm in North San Antonio.

Comment

Originally posted by RS3 View Post
                Shoot it more! I shot mine almost daily for a couple of years before I felt comfortable enough to hunt with it. Get it back out and start shooting at 3 or 4 yards until you’re consistent and move back a yard or two. I still don’t feel comfortable shooting farther than 15 yards at an animal.
                Yep, 18 was my max.

I passed on a nice broadside elk at 26 yards once. Kinda kick myself for it. Could have probably made the shot............probably.

Shooting a recurve/longbow is a whole lot of form.
                Good back tension and smooth release.

Comment

Check your eye dominance. Shoot very close, like 5 yds, don't move back until you start placing the arrows where you're looking. Only then move back a couple more steps. Don't expect to shoot tight groups at 20 yds. It takes serious time and dedication to learn, but once it gets ingrained it will seem very easy. Don't overcomplicate it.

Comment

Working...
                  X