Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big thanks to TBH. Awesome L&L O hunts!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big thanks to TBH. Awesome L&L O hunts!!

A month ago I made a post asking TBH for help on locating some combat wounded vets or qualified children for our foundation, Life and Liberty Outdoors, to take on a hunt. As usual, everyone came through and we were able to hook up with several vets and get them scheduled on a hunt. We were actually able to fill two hunts and have several guys on the list now for 2020. I wanted to take this time to share some pics from the last two weekends at our panhandle ranches. Last weekend we hosted three awesome guys. We kicked off the weekend with a Friday afternoon oryx for Preston at J-J.

While the guys were hunting at J-J, David S and I chased a nice blue wildebeest bull down the road at GMR. We were able to get a shot at him , but the hit was a bit low. We backed out for the evening and headed back to J-J for dinner and some rest. David S and I packed up and headed back over to GMR the next morning and got the wildebeest down pretty quick. Got him loaded and headed back to the ranch to get him in the cooler.

After a big breakfast we were out to find something for David D. They had been looking over a few fallow that morning but couldn’t get a shot. We were able to find a big buck bedded up and David and I slipped up and got a close shot at him.

We finished up the skinning and all headed back into Amarillo to a Rodger Creager and Sam Riggs concert put on for the foundation. It was a ton of fun and the guys had a great time watching and meeting the artists at the show.

Fast forward to this weekend and we had a full house! 5 vets, including a TBHer, rolled in Friday and we got right after it. The guys wanted to do a little shopping around so we loaded up and went around to check out some critters. Found a nice fallow buck and after a LONG walk with a few close calls, he finally bedded in a semi open area and the guys slipped in for a shot when he stood up to look around. TJ made a great shot and the buck was down.

Saturday morning was alittle slow, but we were able to get Joey on a nice scimitar oryx bull right before lunch and he put him down! This was his first animal ever and he was pumped.

Daniel and Brett had been hunting with my dad the whole weekend and trying for a pair of mouflon rams. They had all piled in the blind that morning and had the mouflon coming in, but they spooked and never gave them a shot. After lunch they decided for the rolling blind and set out cruising for the mouflon. After a few quick stalks, they almost made it work, but couldn’t quite get it done. As they were back out driving, they ran across two nice fallow and both made good shots on them. Nice bucks and a lot better tasting than the two mouflon would have been for sure.

After helping all the other guys and taking pics for everyone, Sam was finally up to bat and we were going to look for a really unique axis we had seen that morning. We searched all the normal hiding spots and saw abunch of nice bucks, but never saw the one again. As it clouded up and started to rain, we decided a nice scimitar would be great. We tried a stalk or two and looked over them a ton, but never could get a clear shot. We noticed them headed to a protein feeder and set up the truck down the road. The big cow we wanted fed out clear of the others and Sam hammered her. It was a great way to end the weekend.

It was another great hunt with some true American heroes and I appreciate the TBH guys that came through and nominated these guys to come along as well as the guys we are going to take next winter/spring. Please continue to pass along the names of any combat disabled vets or children under 25 with life threatening illnesses and we will do our absolute best to get them out on a fun exotic or whitetail hunt. Thank you for following along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nicely done Matt

Comment

Very Nice- Thanks for all ya'll do!!

Comment

As always, fantastically done Matt. Congrats to those fine gentlemen

Comment

Very nice and bless you sir for what you do.

Comment

That’s awesome and congrats to all the hunters.

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

awesomeness

Comment

Fantastic!

Comment

Outstanding! Thanks for doing that, and thanks for sharing!

Comment

Looks like it was a great weekend for a very deserving group of men! Thanks for sharing, and congrats to everyone!

Comment

Looks like some great hunts! Awesome job setting these up Matt.

Comment

Yes sir.

Comment

Matt, I can't thank you and your crew enough for such an amazing weekend! It was a tremendous hunt and we couldn't have asked for a better experience all around. You guys are incredible for all that you do, can't wait to see you all again!

Comment

Very well done.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X