Selling coon pelts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
    I think some folks missed the humor and thought I was serious.

To bad you weren’t

Bet you were at first.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think some folks missed the humor and thought I was serious.
      Mmm hmm.....

Comment

When I was a young man some 40 years ago, I had a pack of hounds and hunted 7 night a week in the winter. I was getting up to $30.00 a piece

Comment

Back in the early 80’s I was getting 15-18$ per coon and 5-7$ per Nutria, had a buyer that would come to Ludke’s feed store in Baytown and pay out cash for just about anything you could skin including stray cats.

Comment

The collapse of the fur market has gotten these mammal populations out of whack. On a friend's place, he kills all skunks, coons and stray cats but leaves the coyotes alone. He manages for quail and has had success.

Comment

Originally posted by Lethal Injection View Post
              Back in the early 80’s I was getting 15-18$ per coon and 5-7$ per Nutria, had a buyer that would come to Ludke’s feed store in Baytown and pay out cash for just about anything you could skin including stray cats.

What did they pay on cats? Asking for a friend.

Comment

The Fur market for utility furs has been really rough on trappers for the last few years, usually send off 250 at a time to Groenwalds Wool and Fur. Dont plan on making a killing but it will pay for fuel costs to trap other critters. We sell the furs, stock the meat for several projects a year and clients that request it for various reasons, we use about 100lbs of coon meat a winter for Boudin.

Comment

Just let them eat and do their thing. I don’t understand the hate towards coons that everyone here has. I love to sit and watch them when I’m in the stand. Not one single time in 25+ years have they ever tore up/chewed on my feeders.
                  When you are buying feeder parts every month or two you start to hate them. Not to mention they eat like a hog. If you want more you are more than welcome to come live trap at my place and relocate then to your lease.

Comment

I keep corn out/feeders running all year. I just consider it feeding the wildlife. My corn isn’t deer specific. If you don’t want the coons to eat the corn, buy the bag of corn that say “Deer Corn” on them. That’s made specifically for deer and coons don’t like it.
                    Trolling on!

Comment

Meat is worth more than the fur. Especially on Holiday's and Super Bowl weekend. I can get rid of as many as I can kill.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I am as guilty of this as many here, but the saying holds true "if you feed them, they will come". If we don't start to do a better job coon proofing our feeders, then we are the problem.

Comment

Ive started killing them.They keep tearing solar
                          panel off the feeder.So far 5 have paid up.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
                            What did they pay on cats? Asking for a friend.
                            I don’t remember on the cats but a possum was like 3-5$ and I would get 30-40$ for a bobcat.

Comment

Killed 9 this weekend!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hboy35 View Post
                                I am as guilty of this as many here, but the saying holds true "if you feed them, they will come". If we don't start to do a better job coon proofing our feeders, then we are the problem.

I think that's pretty much common sense.....but even though some solid coon proofing can be foiled occasionally by these smart mofos. I've been amazed at what level they can approach to get at corn. That being said, I prefer to lessen the blame you put on me with duke traps and a 22 to the think station.....

The new Lamcos Lo and Thros are lessening my blame too....Hard to lessen it on my new timed protein feeders with trays though. Thankfully the deer get almost all of it before the coon herd moves in. Mr. Duke has been instrumental in that as well.
                                Last edited by Smart; 09-23-2019, 05:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X