• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by low_tec View Post
    Your wrong
    *you're [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

There's no point having a debate with someone who's incapable of discerning truth from opinion, and too dumb to know when they've lost.

Comment

please pass the aforementioned blood pressure meds.

Comment

I have “business discussions” everyday where people have different opinions/views.

I pay the most attention to those that have different opinions (as long as they have good thoughts/intentions) and ignore those that just agree with everything and present no ideas/evidence of their own.

Arguing just to argue is like wrestling a pig in the mud. I usually simply try and learn something (right or wrong) from a civil conversation. Close minded, arrogant, and/or narrow minded folks are just wasting my time.

Arguing to argue seems to be in vogue these days and never solves or changes anything - case-in-point, just look at what our elected officials are doing today.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
            Lately, there have been a plethora of threads where someone expressed an opinion and then came under fire for that opinion. Almost immediately, because of the overwhelming opposition, they take the defense of "I guess someone can't have an opinion around here".

Sure. Anyone can have an opinion about anything. Each person's opinion is as valuable to them as the next guy. Everyone thinks their opinion is correct and should never be questioned....But this isn't real life.

Whenever you state your opinion, especially in writing, on TBH or anywhere else on the world wide web, you should be prepared to defend it. I don't have to agree with your opinion, but there is no harm in questioning it or even disagreeing with it. If you don't want the opposition, then maybe keep it to yourself where it doesn't need defending. It's childish to think that one could put their opinion out there and not have people with an opposing view comment on it or question it.

That being said, I can typically disagree with someone without calling them a dumb ***.....I mean I don't, but I can. We should all probably disagree more amicably, myself included.

My Dad has a saying about opinions and excuses...."they're like *****holes. Everybody has one and most of them stink". So have an opinion, everyone should have an opinion on each and every subject, but if you state it then be prepared to defend it and if you cannot, then your opinion is probably not based on fact or actual circumstances. Your opinion is not sacred ground. Neither is mine. Having an opinion doesn't make you above reproach, matter of fact, stating it invites reproach....get used to it.
            Your wrong
            Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
            Agreed.
            *You’re[emoji6]
            Dang it
            Originally posted by Smart View Post
            My opinion is that I can have an opinion about your opinion of my
            opinion... but you can’t have an opinion of my opinion about your opinion. ....... I’m also of the opinion you need to write down that opinion.. [emoji41]
            You should always just agree with me, so you’ll always have the right opinion.[emoji6][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
            Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
            You're so opinionated

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
            Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
            What if I have no opinion. Do I let everyone know or just keep it to myself

Good advice & ive noticed this lately on certain topics. I’m not perfect but I aim to be more positive, encouraging & try and engage in value added conversation
            You have no idea...[emoji52]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Originally posted by miket View Post
            I tell people I am WAY MORE of an a-hole than they realize ( or that I show ). I do my best to play nice for their ( yalls ) benefit. And dont try to make me unleash the real me....
            Originally posted by Rick View Post
            I always look at it this way....the world would be a very boring place if we all thought exactly the same, even when other people have the wrong opinions
            Originally posted by perow View Post
            Why are you telling me your opinion of how I should state my opinion? My opinion is just that my opinion but your opinion is just wrong

To be honest this thread made my head hurt a little this early in the morning
            Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
            Not my proudest moment. Normally I keep it together pretty well on the GS. That may be my first name calling infraction. Hope I can be forgiven

That said, I couldn’t agree more. The right to express opposing views is what makes this country great, amongst many many other things. But like you said, be prepared to defend it. Just cuz you say it, doesn’t make it true.
            I try to tell people just to assume I’m right all the time and save us both some time.
            They rarely listen.
            Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            “I guess someone can't have an opinion around here".

Translation: y’all have proven my opinion to be complete BS, and I’ve been exposed for it.
            Originally posted by miket View Post
            Probably just because they are conceited.
            Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
            Sometimes this place has more drama then a group of teen aged girls. I only know this as I have 3 daughters that were teens, but it's just my opinion.
            Originally posted by sotol View Post
            I always opine that someone else's opinion is a fact, unless I have a different opinion.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk
            It's all in fun, I love this place. I'm one sentence writing sob [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Originally posted by Texas8point View Post
            Yes Sir..... we have a complete train derailment.
            EXACTLY!! Not to mention arrogant!
            Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
            These people you speak of are living rent free in your dome. It's the www. This place is the only form of social media I participate in. Love it. great p!ace with mostly helpful people. most of the time I appreciate differing opinions. And a healthy debate but When it's stupid it doesnt deserve this sort of attention. Of course this is just my opinion
            Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
            Some have opinions and could not care less what others think of them...
            [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
            Originally posted by Jerry H View Post
            IMHO this thread sucks
            You said, in much fewer words, exactly what I was trying to get across. I need a Votaw Thesaurus.[emoji6][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            It’s like I told Middleton one time...”you should read the stuff I DON’T post”.

Exactly!!!
            Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
            I only come here for the drama 'opinions' cause really. Some guys (a lot of the same) get so wound up I wonder how much blood pressure medicine theyre on
            Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
            Yeah well...
            Originally posted by Charles View Post
            U R Write
            [emoji106]

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
            Oh the irony
            Originally posted by Landrover View Post
            ……..honestly, I wonder how some folks actually function in their communities, workplaces, etc. The number of folks that go from 0 - 1,000 on a topic in one opposing post is worrisome at best, but definitely incredibly telling.
            I have a sneaking suspicion that their keyboards aren't as big as they think they are[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
            Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
            Yep. Lots of folks lose the concept of fact vs opinion. I often post opinions on this forum qualified that it is opinion. My opinions are generally based in fact and may change as more facts become available.

Some folks on here think if its their opinion then everyone should just take that as fact. When actual facts don't bear out what they presented they have to start getting butt hurt instead of reconsidering the facts as they are presented.

In not sure if I'm talking about this forum or congress.
            Originally posted by TxSon1836 View Post
            ^^^ win ^^^
            Originally posted by sotx View Post
            Is it ok to have the opinion that gut shooting pigs and letting them run of ok? Asking for a friend.
            Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
            Good post.
            Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
            Bwahahaha!
            Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
            thanks for the chuckle, Curt and low_tec

The Votaw Thesaurus is reeeeeally small and doesn't take much to memorize
            Of whom? From whom?
            Originally posted by Mexico View Post
            I'd imagine he's talking about the OP
            Originally posted by Encinal View Post
            As someone who is a slave to logic, with an almost overwhelming gag response to hypocrisy, I have to say that yesterday’s threads were anathema to me.
            Originally posted by jer_james View Post
            I have always enjoyed opposing viewpoints. I enjoy listening and learning. I'm also combative naturally. A person's belief has never told me the whole story. Watching people and their actions has always been more important. I have seen wonderful people do wonderful things without believing in how I conduct myself and lead my Family.

I have learned as I have gotten older that I can have a heated argument/discussion without calling yo mama fat.

Good people do good things.
            Originally posted by jer_james View Post
            Kinda frustrated that I missed yesterday.
            Well I’m not one to brag... but [emoji23][emoji23]. You betta recognize!![emoji12]

Originally posted by Geoff995 View Post
            You shouldn’t be frustrated. It was awful. Lotta folks showed true colors.
            Originally posted by Still Hunter View Post
            If I posted what I wrote, before I deleted it, I would have made Pope and Young 14 years ago.

Wise words to remember..
            You were born with two ears and one mouth, there is a reason for that..
            Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt
            Ignorance an be corrected, stupidity can't.
            Words once spoken (typed/texted) you can never get it back.
            #1- The truth should always be known but seldom spoken.

This is a Public Forum and anything you ever post is digitally saved. Some might consider that before they post. It is amazing how much this forum has changed over the years. Threads today are allowed to go way too far for way too long when years ago they were stopped and deleted very quickly. But that is just my OPINION.
            Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
            How much yo momma weigh? Just the facts please. Lol
            I don't think its your keyboard that's oversized as much as your pot stirring spoon er, paddle. However, I am not immune to stirring it as well and I know that

But, that's just my opinion.

Originally posted by Artos View Post
            Opinions are opinions...I have no problem with that, but when FACTS are presented & ignored?? Someone please tell me why people cannot admit they are wrong. I've been incorrect a bunch of times here & have no problem saying 'I stand corrected'.

I didn't see the Coby thread regarding what was opinion or fact but here are Examples I dealt with recently:

Mountain Lions were compared to other endangered animals which they are not. FACT...if you don't want them killed explain why & that is an opinion. When asked to prove their endangered status, the reply was to prove they were not. WTH??

There have been mile & miles of current Border Wall construction in progress & when someone says Trump Lied & no construction has happened under his term & you show multiple current news links & have a friend watching it being built in his back yard, those are simple FACTS & cannot be defended otherwise unless you just want to look irrational & he indeed continued to not acknowledge & deflect. What is the point of continuing engage with stances like this after presented??

Shipping a long gun person to person in tx via UPS or FedEx is a Federal Offense...I claimed otherwise hoping to see proof but no statute was presented & I couldn't find anything on the net. Is it a misdemeanor or felony?? Any proof of prosecutions to said statute?? Not sure how it could be Federal when state laws vary so much, but I'm no lawyer & have buddies in LE who ship person to person using both as did I as well before becoming a FFL?? Jury is still out on this one & really would like to see it so not sure what to call this but let's say opinion until facts present themselves I guess.
            Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
            Ford, Mathews, low fence
            Originally posted by systemnt View Post
            Soccer is for girls.
            Poptarts get butter.
            30.06 is the best all around caliber.
            Heavy arrows are slow.
            A simple fake shake off added to the sequence off removes sign stealing of any sort.
            Certain nationalities should be banned from using company microwaves.
            Reeses peanut butter cups are better than any other candy.
            Gold peak is the best iced tea.
            Float california off.
            Ban EPA gas jug nozzles.

People should read all thread posts before posting.
            Whoops.
            Originally posted by rtp View Post
            What did I miss? Curt, Im not sure if you were stating your opinion or just posting a rant.
            Originally posted by SwampRanger View Post
            Shake weight
            Originally posted by Gherkin05 View Post
            Originally posted by flywise View Post
            This is RICH!
            Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
            It's a condescending passive-aggressive stab @ me & it's incorrect.
            So many tough guys got to calling me & several other people names, putting us down, questioning our intelligence & one even went so far as to ask me if my teenage daughter was raped by Kobe. Repulsive.
            It was truly disgusting how most of the people on here acted & now they want to make posts to pat themselves on their backs even though they were wrong & refused to understand the "proof" they were providing. It was pathetic.
            Originally posted by sotx View Post
            That's hilarious
            With all due respect....from a guy that watched from the cheap seats, you weren't exactly wearing a shiny halo yourself there..
            Tells another member he thinks he shouldve been on a helicopter that caused the death of 9 people...
            And is still able to post.
            That is interesting.
            Wait, what? I thought Thesauruses were extinct

Did I say ONE SINGLE THING towards ANY members here?
            Nope.

I'm going to leave it @ that so I don't get this thread wacked. Y'all have fun w/your "opinions".
            Amnesia.
            Good defense.
            That's probably a great idea after what I read..
            Funny you choose to ignore the fact he asked me if my daughter was raped by Kobe. How rich of you. Doesn't surprise me seeing as you were one of the ones in the wrong. IDK if you have a daughter(s) but that is a comment that will get your azz handed to you in my world.
            Oh well, have fun. I'm out of this thread.
            Wait wait.....You thought Thesauruses were like mountain lions in Texas?
            Originally posted by Man View Post
            These kids these days are being taught to not engage in debate or conversation with people of opposing opinion, but rather to call them names and retreat.
            Didnt ignore it. But hes not here claiming innocence.

Memes with the word **** in them get infractions and bans.. yet..here you sit.
            Originally posted by Chew View Post
            There's a plethora of great vocab in that sentence...a virtual cornucopia of high dollar verbiage.
            You tawk funny
            I will never see the word plethora without thinking of the three amigos
            Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
            *you're [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
            Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            There's no point having a debate with someone who's incapable of discerning truth from opinion, and too dumb to know when they've lost.

Considering the fact that you are ALL men, you're all wrong!!!
            Last edited by nursejenn; 01-27-2020, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by StrayDog View Post
              I have “business discussions” everyday where people have different opinions/views.

I pay the most attention to those that have different opinions (as long as they have good thoughts/intentions) and ignore those that just agree with everything and present no ideas/evidence of their own.

Arguing just to argue is like wrestling a pig in the mud. I usually simply try and learn something (right or wrong) from a civil conversation. Close minded, arrogant, and/or narrow minded folks are just wasting my time.

Arguing to argue seems to be in vogue these days and never solves or changes anything - case-in-point, just look at what our elected officials are doing today.
              You too....

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post

yes dear..... Whatever you say dear....

now go make me a **** sammich!..

Comment

Was that the sound of a sandwich being made...[emoji15][emoji3053]....?

Comment

Maybe, but I identify as a lesbian

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

“If I agreed with you then we’d both be wrong”.

Comment

Jenn just killed whatever landovers record for most quotes in single post was...
                          Deduction for feminism though..

Comment

Sika will definitely disagree with you on that account. And that Smart fella, Im not sure what he's identifying as these days.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                              Sika will definitely disagree with you on that account. And that Smart fella, Im not sure what he's identifying as these days.
                              Dang it. I thought I skipped her... Fixed it!

Comment

It's a condescending passive-aggressive stab @ me & it's incorrect.

So many tough guys got to calling me & several other people names, putting us down, questioning our intelligence & one even went so far as to ask me if my teenage daughter was raped by Kobe. Repulsive.

It was truly disgusting how most of the people on here acted & now they want to make posts to pat themselves on their backs even though they were wrong & refused to understand the "proof" they were providing. It was pathetic.

I never called you a name. I had a difference of opinion from you and I stated facts and you stated your opinion that you couldn’t back up with facts. Yes, several people called you names, I did not. I’ve never been passive-aggressive and not likely to start today. I am sometimes condescending....I’ll give you that one. It’s the curse of being right so often.[emoji6][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I want to be clear that Kobe Bryant’s death affects me absolutely zero. I don’t wish death upon anyone, but people die everyday. I was simply arguing the FACT that he wasn’t convicted of rape nor did he ever admit to rape as you stated. You stated a lot of false information and I posted rebuttals. But, I actually agree with you that being dead doesn’t automatically make one respectable. Just like being accused doesn’t automatically make one guilty.

This OP rant was actually born out of a thread I read by Burnadell about Saggy and differences of opinion. I just thought that as long as someone was going to post an opinion that they should be able to defend it. THAT’s why I started this thread.... and yes I get the irony of someone starting a thread on their own opinion of how opinions work.[emoji6]

I’m sorry if you’re under the impression that this was solely aimed at you....that probably lit the fire behind it, but you weren’t at the forefront of my thoughts when I started this.

Gut shot pigs, shooting mountain lions, culling spikes, politics, you name it: people often post opinions that aren’t factual and this thread was just a rant on that. Sorry if it ruffled feathers.

Curt

Comment

Working...
                                X