No announcement yet.

Big East Texas Bucks Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a deer I first noticed in 2015, he is pictured in my first post in this thread with the split left ear. That picture was from 2019 and I hunted him hard that year, I believe he was 3 or 4 years old in 2015 when I noticed him. He has always had at least 11 points, but from 2015 to 2017 he completely snapped a main beam from fighting before bow season even started so I always held off on him. His best year antler wise was 2018 and the photos shown below. He stayed intact for a couple weeks into season, but he never presented a shot, then one day he came in and just with past years had busted his right main beam just past his G2. I let him walk and he came back with less length and tines, but I still wanted a crack at him, but was also hunting another deer at the time. Last year I saw him on camera briefly before season but he went MIA and never saw him again.

These pics are from what I think were his best year in 2018.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by corps2010 View Post
      Post em up! That's why I started this thread. I'll never get tired of looking at big bucks from around here. Nice bucks btw!
      Thanx

Comment

A few from Anderson County.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

[ATTACH]1052126[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1052127[/ATTACH]

A big6 we called Sloppy Joe.

Comment

[ATTACH]1052128[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1052129[/ATTACH]

A deer I named OCB, Orange County Bruiser. Chased him for several years. Dang gun hunter got him chasing a doe. I was able to score him, he did not score as well as I thought he would. Still a nice buck.

Comment

2019 was a good yr.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TXDUCKCUTTER View Post
                2019 was a good yr.
                That trail cam pic is great! Good looking bucks there

Comment

This is also the kinda stuff I run into when hunting east texas lol

Comment

Here’s my Neches RiverBottom stud... know affectionately as Crab Claw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

https://youtu.be/bkiigfoyCiQ

This is also the kinda stuff I run into when hunting east texas lol
                      What the Hail!!!! ??????

And is your blind is in a fox hole?

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                        What the Hail!!!! ??????

And is your blind is in a fox hole?
                        lol tell me about it. I've seen some crazy stuff in the deer woods.

And that is a Lazyman Jaba Hutt fiberglass blind on a 3' platform. There's an old tram that runs thru the woods that my blind sits behind. I built the platform where my shooting windows allow me to just barely see over the tram and shoot to the feed pile... this also allows me to sneak in and out of the blind if deer are at the feed. They can't see me coming or going.

Comment

Originally posted by TexanDuke View Post

Here’s my Neches RiverBottom stud... know affectionately as Crab Claw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          That's a helluva buck... did you kill him south or north of Highway 84?

Comment

lol tell me about it. I've seen some crazy stuff in the deer woods.

And that is a Lazyman Jaba Hutt fiberglass blind on a 3' platform. There's an old tram that runs thru the woods that my blind sits behind. I built the platform where my shooting windows allow me to just barely see over the tram and shoot to the feed pile... this also allows me to sneak in and out of the blind if deer are at the feed. They can't see me coming or going.
                            If its the same tram line Ive heard about that thing is East Texas Lore in itself

Comment

One thing I have figured out from this thread is due to an abundance of information on Nacogdoches County I am going to find out where a certain 12 acre tract is located. Then when I find it I am going talk to all the surrounding neighbors and ask them to name their price.

Comment

[ATTACH]1052157[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1052158[/ATTACH]

Comment

Working...
                                X