Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
    thanks guys, its been a long year...lol
    It's been a great year following you and that buck. You've worked hard and done everything right. The fun part is almost here and I can't wait to see you holding that rack this year. Good luck!

Comment

What a cool thread, man I hope you smoke that dude JS!

Comment

Your sleepless nights will hopefully end in a couple of weeks.

Comment

thanks fellas, gonna go down tomorrow and put the finishing touches on the place, gonna mow the path the stand and need to add a few steps to the tree. probably just gonna wait a few weeks on the food plot since the rain chances for next week keep dwindling. hopefully i will have the bog one on the ground quick and i quit worrying about it all...lol.

Comment

I went out today and mowed a new path through the north side of the pasture to give me a little easier access to my stand and found about 10 of these, most small and not bearing fruit but a few of them big and full of fruit, which was all eaten up to about 5ft off the ground...

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

I didnt recognize them without persimmons, but am stoked to see them there.

11 days. Hope.

Sorry the pic didnt work, i am on my phone.

Comment

Great buck hope you get a chance at him. Thanks for taking us on the ride with ya.

Comment

thanks man...here is the persimmon tree:

what kind of sucks is about 40 yards past it is a house and the owner had a spin feeder on my side of the fence 3 years ago till i left a neat little note on it. now it is sitting on his side of the fence about 20 yards from his back porch. that is one of the areas where i have plans for a strip of blue panic come spring.

the "front corner" of my place is off to the left of this tree, i have never paid much attention to it hunting-wise, there are houses all along the fence and the neighbor from above isnt far either, i drove through it yesterday and it is littered with beds and trails, although i have never seen deer in it. would be a great bedding area if i can get some good screen to come up along the fence, wont help me any on accessing the place though.
                Last edited by jshouse; 09-18-2013, 05:20 AM.

Comment

You my sir have dang sure put the time and money in good luck this year and he is a well deserved deer for you. Best of luck!

Comment

5 days.

Comment

They look great now with that added mass.

Comment

Do you have a LDP yet? We need a report!

Comment

man, it was really slow this weekend. i saw a few small bucks and some does but none of the bigger bucks and no big. the last pic of him was at 2am on 9/25, really hoping he hasnt decided to head south for winter already. as far as i know none of the neighbors got him either, i know 2 of them with about 50-60 acres each that bowhunt.

its really frustrating, it looks like a good front coming through friday night so i will wait till saturday to hunt again.

Comment

It's funny how they get wary about this time of year. The only shooter we have on our place never showed either.

Keep us posted and good luck on getting that stud!

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Good luck post pictures if you get him.

Comment

Working...
                                X