No announcement yet.

"the pasture"....long read and pic heavy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i got some round-up out on saturday and sprayed it all down again today, really wish i could have gotten planted today, like i had planned to, with the rain coming tomorrow. gonna give the spray another week and till and plant either next monday or tuesday.

all the bucks have dropped antlers now, only found one pair of small 8pt sheds so far.

will hopefully get most of my cutting done next week so i can leave everything alone for the rest of the summer with hopes of establishing that sanctuary i am looking for.

will update with pics next week, if all goes to plan.

Comment

Nice place.

Comment

well i got the plot tilled but ran out of time to plant today, will be back down tomorrow morning to plant and clear out a few more trees, really hoping the rain on wed and thurs holds up. i will get some pics up tomorrow of the plot.

Comment

Hate it when time runs out! Hope you get-r-done tomorrow.....it should be a good rain this week. So far the spring has had pretty good timely rains.

Comment

Yeah well the thermostat stuck on the tractor and it started running hot so we lost some time....always something it seems.

Comment

Got'er done today, forgot the camera so here are a few phone pics...these are from the middle of the horseshoe, looking southwest and northwest down the lanes...

Need that rain...

Comment

In the second pic, the plot opens up pretty good back to the left around that brush.

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

You are on the right track.

Hope all works out well, come on rain!

Rwc

Comment

Thanks guys, i actually ended up using all of my spring mix on about 3/4 of an acre and filled in the rest with some soybeans and a little bit of corn. I used my clover and chicory mix in the little "coves" at the ends of the horseshoes and two other small blocks, instead of as a border around the plot like i had planned.

I will make sure to get some pics with the camera next week.

Rain, rain, rain..

Comment

here a few pics from today, i was glad to see the beans and peas coming up, the clover is a bit slower but is starting to sprout, especially in the shaded areas. the soybean side is coming in even better than this side but i forgot to take pics...

i planted on 4/16.

this is the side with the turner spring mix, i also through out a few extra pounds of soybeans in there...

same side of the plot...

and a close up of whats coming up...

i was pretty happy with it, just hoping now that the deer will leave it alone for another couple weeks and let it grow.

Comment

going through some old pics i found a video i watched again yesterday, it was from august of 2012. i dont know how (must have missed this video somehow) but i never noticed that my big buck is walking around in the background...

Comment

Cool vid! He looks like he's about to cause some trouble.

Comment

Following...great write up and pics

Comment

looks great man! you have some studs running around out there

Comment

Working...
                                X