White Bass!!! Its getting time!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McLovin View Post
    At Somerville The land of CR125 is public land but you need an AHP to go into the WMA and you need to pay a day use fee at Nail Creek SP to enter the state park land. And if you enter the WMA I believe you need to be wearing hunting orange. You might want to give the corps a call before you go to verify.

Thanks for the info. What is an AHP?
    Good info about the Hunter Orange

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ahp

Annual Hunting Permit. You need to have it if you are on the Wildlife Management Area. I'm not sure if they enforce the hunters orange if you are fishing but since hog hunting is still going on they may. You might want to call the local GW to get clarification. I believe that is Lee County.

Comment

Ahp

I just looked it up. Seems I spoke too soon. The Public Land booklet says no AHP required for fishing. But if you venture to the east (towards the lake) off CR 125 or going to Newman's Bottom, you are entering the state park and have to stop by Nails Creek SP to get a day use permit first. Good luck and post pics.

Comment

I am going to hit the creeks at Somerville Tuesday or Wednesday. Gigem95 or Bloodstick if y'all want to tag along I know of a couple creeks I will be trying.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
            Ok, we gotta try and get after them this year since it didn't happen last year. Sad part is I only have next weekend then work everyday till the 22nd of march.

Co-worker hit a spot yesterday that was good last week and only caught 1
            We might be able to make next weekend work. Leaving for San Antonio stock show tomorrow and show Monday. Might be able to hit the creek Sat morn or Sun morn. I will hit you up when I get back next week. One of those days I have to weld a front receiver hitch on a jeep for a fellow TBH'er but I should be available one day lol.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
              We might be able to make next weekend work. Leaving for San Antonio stock show tomorrow and show Monday. Might be able to hit the creek Sat morn or Sun morn. I will hit you up when I get back next week. One of those days I have to weld a front receiver hitch on a jeep for a fellow TBH'er but I should be available one day lol.
              Sounds good. You got the digits. I can fit if needed [emoji16]

My son is in san Antonio now shooting the sporting event. Momma leaves in the morning to cheer him on whilest I work.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Any reports or doing any good around DFW or S DFW?

Comment

Originally posted by McLovin View Post
                  Annual Hunting Permit. You need to have it if you are on the Wildlife Management Area. I'm not sure if they enforce the hunters orange if you are fishing but since hog hunting is still going on they may. You might want to call the local GW to get clarification. I believe that is Lee County.

Thanks. I never go on Corps land. Only public i use is to ride horses on the SHNF

Comment

White Bass!!! Its getting time!!!

Originally posted by RockTippedStick View Post
                    I am going to hit the creeks at Somerville Tuesday or Wednesday. Gigem95 or Bloodstick if y'all want to tag along I know of a couple creeks I will be trying.

Its supposed to rain most of next week. What does that do for this type of fishing?
                    Thanks for the invite. If you decide to go, hit me up. If i’m free, i will for sure tag along

Comment

Depends on how much and how cold it gets. Could slow it down for a day or two. Might be able to slip out there Sunday.

Comment

I’m heading to Somerville tomorrow morning if anyone wants to join. Probably make the walk down to Newman’s bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by RockTippedStick View Post
                          I am going to hit the creeks at Somerville Tuesday or Wednesday. Gigem95 or Bloodstick if y'all want to tag [IMG][/IMG]along I know of a couple creeks I will be trying.

Yes let me know if you decide to go. Thanks!

Comment

They make good fish tacos. Just cook the fillets in a skillet with butter until they get some color. Then kind of scramble them up, add some tony's and let the mix cook another minute or so. Make you some chipotel sour cream sauce to top it. Add some dry slaw for added texture.

Comment

Anyone been on the trinity around riverside?

Comment

Originally posted by Yakfishin View Post
                                I’m heading to Somerville tomorrow morning if anyone wants to join. Probably make the walk down to Newman’s bottom.
                                Let us know how it goes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X