Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

neither. Save for 2500+ thermal

Comment

I have zero experience with thermal or digital, but I've had an ATN Night Arrow 4X NV scope for 5 years now. I bought a good IR light, mounted it on a short rail on my handguard, and commenced to killing hogs. I have no trouble killing hogs to 200 yards. Multiple kills are limited to how long it takes them to make it to the woods. I've only killed two on a few occasions but it wasn't the scopes fault that they got into the woods. Sometimes only a big boar was there, in which case you can't kill what doesn't show.

If I had big bucks to drop on a thermal, and wide open spaces to hunt, it would be great, but I don't. As far as ATN is concerned, I haven't had any problems with my scope, but they did cheerfully and quickly replace two of the IR lights before I bought my own. My buddy had to send his back and they fixed it no problem. I hear of poor customer service, but we have experienced the opposite.

In the end, I think that technology has screwed us with a product that is fast falling behind, but 100 or so dead hogs ain't ever gonna know or care that they were killed with yesterday's tech. The ones we kill this year ain't gonna care either.

OP, the advice to PM Jason is probably good.

Comment

Originally posted by Cjconner View Post
        Will do after work dustoff. but another question I have. I always hear about the sightmark photon, to my understanding I thought sightmark as a company made lower quality scopes and such kind of like bsa?
        Sightmark does make cheaper items. But, Sightmark and Pulsar are one in the same.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
          neither. Save for 2500+ thermal
          This

Comment

Wolf creek I’ll check it out and 35rem what make atn such a bad company?
            Their customer service is what I have heard that is really poor.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
              I have zero experience with thermal or digital, but I've had an ATN Night Arrow 4X NV scope for 5 years now. I bought a good IR light, mounted it on a short rail on my handguard, and commenced to killing hogs. I have no trouble killing hogs to 200 yards. Multiple kills are limited to how long it takes them to make it to the woods. I've only killed two on a few occasions but it wasn't the scopes fault that they got into the woods. Sometimes only a big boar was there, in which case you can't kill what doesn't show.

If I had big bucks to drop on a thermal, and wide open spaces to hunt, it would be great, but I don't. As far as ATN is concerned, I haven't had any problems with my scope, but they did cheerfully and quickly replace two of the IR lights before I bought my own. My buddy had to send his back and they fixed it no problem. I hear of poor customer service, but we have experienced the opposite.

In the end, I think that technology has screwed us with a product that is fast falling behind, but 100 or so dead hogs ain't ever gonna know or care that they were killed with yesterday's tech. The ones we kill this year ain't gonna care either.

OP, the advice to PM Jason is probably good.
              Agreed, definitely yesterday's tech but I can see in the dark with it and hogs are just as dead either way. Works for me. I don't have my truck lifted 8" with 40" tires either and rolling coal either.

Comment

Originally posted by justicetx View Post
                I have never met anyone that in the end has happy with Pulsar or sightmark
                Lol no. Just no.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                  Lol no. Just no.

Why edit my quote? I clearly stated I have never known anyone (6 guys) that ended up happy with ATN

Comment

I have never met anyone that in the end has happy with Atn. Pulsar or sightmark
                    ^^

Comment

I have the ATN X Sight II. No complaints from me. Works day or night. Sure i would love a thermal and may get there one day but it has not kept me from killing hogs. will try it on axis deer next month and don't expect any issues. 200 yards is probably my limit.

i have no experience with the ATN 4k.

as others mentioned - talk to Jason at Outdoor Legacy.

Comment

Why edit my quote? I clearly stated I have never known anyone (6 guys) that ended up happy with ATN
                        Oh man I'm really sorry. I misread what you were saying. I thought you were saying all 3 were junk. Totally my bad. I re-read it and I get it now.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                          Oh man I'm really sorry. I misread what you were saying. I thought you were saying all 3 were junk. Totally my bad. I re-read it and I get it now.
                          Ha! No worries. Poor sentence structure on my part.

Comment

I shot a pm to Jason just waiting on a reply. And I appreciate all the feed back just got caught up the the whole Bluetooth capability of the 4K thought it would be handy if someone is sitting in a blind with me

Comment

I shot a pm to Jason just waiting on a reply. And I appreciate all the feed back just got caught up the the whole Bluetooth capability of the 4K thought it would be handy if someone is sitting in a blind with me
                              One thing I like about the ATN I have is I can watch the kids on my tablet or phone when they're aiming. Seeing what they see live is pretty awesome and I can tell them which pig to shoot, or no that's not a pig that's a cow (lmao j/k). Do any of the other sights do that?

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                                One thing I like about the ATN I have is I can watch the kids on my tablet or phone when they're aiming. Seeing what they see live is pretty awesome and I can tell them which pig to shoot, or no that's not a pig that's a cow (lmao j/k). Do any of the other sights do that?

The photons will do that also.

Comment

Working...
                                X