Protect your protein COONHOOD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by antonlsu View Post
    Can someone provide me with a rough estimate on how much protein(lbs) a single raccoon can consume per night?
    I am going to take an educated guess and say a LOT of protein is wasted on the ground when it gets wet, and doesn't benefit anything.

Comment

I have one of the older Krivoman with the extended tubes, ahve you made any for one of those? May be the same size as one of the other tube feeders.

Comment

Originally posted by chase15 View Post
        I have one of the older Krivoman with the extended tubes, ahve you made any for one of those? May be the same size as one of the other tube feeders.
        I can definitely help you with the older Krivoman feeders with the longer chutes! Shoot me an email hpopnoe@coonhood.com however The new small box head design they use now is not a good fit for the CoonHoods.

Comment

I got back up to our place in Oklahoma this past weekend and checked on the Boss Buck 300lb 3-Way feeder that I put out the first week of January. I expected to find my feeder empty but to my surprise I still had almost 50lbs left in it!!!!

Here you can see the dirty little rascals probing and trying to defeat the CoonHoods.

They picked up what the deer dropped and even stood up and reached inside the feeder tube lip as far as they could to reach a pellet or two but they never were able to hang from the feeder tube or sit on it to take out protein!!!!!

If I hadn’t had the CoonHoods installed I’m certain that this 300lbs of protein would not have lasted three weeks.

For those of you concerned that the CoonHoods may scare away or keep your deer from eating, it only took the deer on my place about 10 days to warm up to the new Boss Buck protein feeder. This is the first time protein has ever been fed on our place.

I’d say that they are pretty comfortable.

[emoji6]

My only adjustment at this point is to re-level my feeder (one leg sunk in a soft spot) so that the coons cannot reach the bottom of the hood or tube.

So far the results have been excellent!

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
            I got back up to our place in Oklahoma this past weekend and checked on the Boss Buck 300lb 3-Way feeder that I put out the first week of January. I expected to find my feeder empty but to my surprise I still had almost 50lbs left in it!!!!

Here you can see the dirty little rascals probing and trying to defeat the CoonHoods.

They picked up what the deer dropped and even stood up and reached inside the feeder tube lip as far as they could to reach a pellet or two but they never were able to hang from the feeder tube or sit on it to take out protein!!!!!

If I hadn’t had the CoonHoods installed I’m certain that this 300lbs of protein would not have lasted three weeks.

For those of you concerned that the CoonHoods may scare away or keep your deer from eating, it only took the deer on my place about 10 days to warm up to the new Boss Buck protein feeder. This is the first time protein has ever been fed on our place.

I’d say that they are pretty comfortable.

[emoji6]

My only adjustment at this point is to re-level my feeder (one leg sunk in a soft spot) so that the coons cannot reach the bottom of the hood or tube.

So far the results have been excellent!

Micah,

Glad to hear the CoonHoods are serving you well! Really appreciate he post and the videos!!!

Thanks again!

Comment

Comment

^^^ so very thanksful for this! Awesome!

Comment

Protect your protein COONHOOD

Originally posted by COONHOOD View Post
                  ^^^ so very thanksful for this! Awesome!

Very glad to do it. I’m appreciative of the free set you shipped me for the New Years drawing and wanted to give back a little.

I think your design is spot on and I believe in the product. I think you have solved a major problem here and in the process have spared many a raccoon from traps, poisoning, and other grizzly ends, not to mention the time and money saved by the scores of fed up sportsmen out there that are spending a lot on both battling the dreaded unending army of coons that flock to their protein feeders.

It is only a matter of time before the world is beating a path to your door for this better mousetrap.

Comment

Just so you guys are aware, Hoffpauir’s Ranch and supply in Lampasas is now carrying a few of the attachable models of CoonHoods. Models for OutBack, Atascosa, and Texas Wildlife Supply now available at Hoffpauir’s contact them now current supply is limited!! They also have the 1K and 2K CoonHood Protein feeders available!! Hoffpauir’s- Five 12 five 56 5444
                    Give them a call!

Comment

I finally got my feeder up and running with the new CoonHood Boss Buck 4-Way attachment! After reviewing almost 3 hours of video clips I am pleased to report that there were absolutely ZERO coons attempting to rob me! All coons never left the ground to even give it a go! It seems they may have seen these before and knew their efforts would be futile
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Darton; 03-07-2019, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darton View Post
                        I finally got my feeder up and running with the new CoonHood Boss Buck 4-Way attachment! After reviewing almost 3 hours of video clips I am pleased to report that there were absolutely ZERO coons attempting to rob me! All coons never left the ground to even give it a go! It seems they may have seen these before and knew their efforts would be futile
                        Awesome!! Glad to hear that the CoonHoods are working well for you! Hope they save you guys tons of money!

Comment

Originally posted by COONHOOD View Post
                          No-Tox custom Coonhood progress pics

This protein head is difficult because of the shorter chutes. Also presents a problem that the head does not come off so the mount has to be designed to attach around the tube rather than slip over the top like the boss bucks models. Here’s what I got so far.

The Coonhood concept might be simple but the design of each model can take some serious time. Between adjusting all the angles Calculating moments vs spring rates for every iteration and then checking all clearances, new designs are not worth the money. But I do it because I enjoy designing and I want to help guys out.

Contact me to learn more about CoonHoods and how I can help you cut your protein bill in half!

Www.coonhood.com

Fabrication done, now the waiting game until Wayne lets me know it fits correctly or not. People have asked me what are the sides for and why do some CoonHoods have them and some do not. The side guards are so a coon cannot sit on one chute and reach into another. Coonhood models for feeders such as crossfire and big horn have them since they have multiple chutes on the same side. Other models that have one chute on each of the 4 sides don’t have them because a coon can’t reach from one to the other. Since these chutes are short I went ahead and included them on this custom design.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Got the box today but haven't opened it up yet. Going on vacation to the Caribbean all next week, so it will be a few weekends before I get it set up on my property. I'll see what time I have before I leave to see if they fit here at the house.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Been using Coon Hoods on an old Monarch 2 port feeder and a Boss Buck 4 port feeder. No more pics of coons perched on the Monarch ports raking out feed. No more pics of coons doing chin ups, hanging from all 4 ports, shaking feed out of the Boss Bucks. Just deer eating. The only feed the coons get is what little the deer spill, or that birds flap out. Couldn't be more pleased. I wish all my purchases were so effective.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                                Been using Coon Hoods on an old Monarch 2 port feeder and a Boss Buck 4 port feeder. No more pics of coons perched on the Monarch ports raking out feed. No more pics of coons doing chin ups, hanging from all 4 ports, shaking feed out of the Boss Bucks. Just deer eating. The only feed the coons get is what little the deer spill, or that birds flap out. Couldn't be more pleased. I wish all my purchases were so effective.

Have had near the same experience and super satisfied knowing that the protein is going to the deer and not these little thieves!

Comment

Working...
                                X