Protein Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protein Help

Anyone with knowledge with Oryx and Blackbuck? I have them dying left and right over the last month. Dropped carcass off at Texas A&M for Necropsy and nothing found. They are also sampling tissue but no results back yet. Every week I find 1-2 animals. Seems like only when it's cold/wet that they die.

I feed AntlerMax Protein and need to refill feeders but dang sure don't if this is the issue. All have been found within 50 yds of the feeder. Timed feeders that only dispense 10 seconds. Alfalfa put out as well but only a flake divided up into 5 piles.

Anyone else experience this? Animals look healthy. Buck I found today was fine Saturday morning.

Does it have copper in the ingredients? Not sure about the animals you're talking about, but copper will kill sheep. It's a common ingredient in some feeds.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by muskles View Post
      does it have copper in the ingredients? Not sure about the animals you're talking about, but copper will kill sheep. It's a common ingredient in some feeds.

Sent from my xt1080 using tapatalk
      600 ppm

Comment

You might try to find a wildlife biologist that is familiar with those species and see if they are copper sensitive. Might be something totally different, but this is the first thing that comes to mind.

Comment

Ttt, any update?

Comment

Copper only sensitive for sheep species and those feeds will have 25ppm or less. I would have biologist come out as well. PM if you’re interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X