Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PL Hunter View Post
    I’ve been on Keto for about 4 months and have another 10 lbs to go. Beginning to think about the next phase. For those of you that have hit your goal weight, what did you transition to or did you just stay on Keto and up your calories? What has or hasn’t worked for you all?

I stayed on keto. I upped calories and carbs a little. I feel so much better when eating keto style. I had Type 2 diabetes and got off the medicine, by eating keto.

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
      I've heard that there are really good benefits from a 48 hour fasting.
      I dont think I could make a 48 hr fast.......did a 24 hr and was ready to eat a frozen cat by the time I got home from work!

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
        I dont think I could make a 48 hr fast.......did a 24 hr and was ready to eat a frozen cat by the time I got home from work!

Lol, I can make it 12 hours as long as I’m asleep.
        I’ll try to find that article again but from what I remember, once your body finishes up with the toxins that we put in our body it has time to fight cells that cause serious illnesses such as cancer. I read it on the internet therefore it’s gotta be true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve been on the Keto for about a month and a half. Not sure I’ve lost a ton of weight but my belly and waist line are smaller which is alright with me.

Comment

Originally posted by bps3040 View Post
            I stayed on keto. I upped calories and carbs a little. I feel so much better when eating keto style. I had Type 2 diabetes and got off the medicine, by eating keto.

The steady energy I have all day has been nice vs the highs and lows I used to have. I’m thinking about increasing carbs from 20 to 45 - 50 and seeing how it goes. If I kick my body out of ketosis and am still consuming so much fat I don’t know what will happen. How much did you increase your carbs?

Comment

I've been keto'ing it for year & a half. Dropped alot early on, then plateaued. Now it is more of a lifestyle for me. When I eat too many carbs...my body lets me know.

Comment

any updates from those that are still on it? i started last week. pee strips say im doing ok. shed a bunch of water weight, fast!. using some supplements to help with minerals.

only real side effect i've noticed is the amount of water im drinking. close to a gallon a day. just thirsty a lot. but otherwise no keto flu. oh and being a little plugged up. but im sure that has something to do with all the cheese

just want to keep this thread alive for motivation

Comment

18 months in for me with some roller coaster recently. By Sept I was down almost 65lbs but I totally blew it from Thanksgiving on. Back on track now and expect to drop the 10 I gained plus another 20 this year.

Comment

Started at the beginning of January this year. So far I’m down 11 lbs but the weight is starting to come off a little quicker now. The biggest difference for me has been the way I feel in the mornings when I wake up and when I get home. No more bloated feeling and a lot more energy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rescue1 View Post
                      any updates from those that are still on it? i started last week. pee strips say im doing ok. shed a bunch of water weight, fast!. using some supplements to help with minerals.

only real side effect i've noticed is the amount of water im drinking. close to a gallon a day. just thirsty a lot. but otherwise no keto flu. oh and being a little plugged up. but im sure that has something to do with all the cheese

just want to keep this thread alive for motivation

I have been on it a couple years. I am in maintenance. I just maintain my weight. I have so much more energy in my body feel so much better when I eat this way

A wise man’s heart inclines to the right, but the heart of a fool to the left.
                      Ecclesiastes 10:2

Comment

Been on keto since end of July, down 40 lbs, at my goal weight now, i still eat mostly keto but up carbs from time to time. I mix Nuun (academy has em, or Amazon) tablets with leCriox water or topochico, tastes good and adds electrolytes u need. If u want a Dr Pepper type drink or cream soda, zevia drinks are pretty good, I get them at Sprouts. For sweets, choc-zero chocolate bars with almonds are awesome.

Comment

Back on it now... Will be starting strength and cardio training up soon. Goal is to get leaner and stronger. At 196ish now goal is 180-185ish.

Comment

been doing it again for a couple weeks.. this is my second run.. starting to see the water weight drop..

be sure and get plenty of sodium, magnesium, potassium. put pink Himalayan salt on everything. eat 1 avocado a day. take 1 magnesium pill a day and youre set. could add some psyllum husk powder as well to stay regular.

Comment

Back on Keto, finally, after the holidays. Had a couple days I blew out my macros and it’s taking a while to get back in. I’m in the middle of working 3 straight weeks, so often times my only source of food has been an airport terminal or a hotel “restaurant” if you want to call some hotel places actual restaurants.
                              I probably should have started all this when I was home more frequently and able to control my available food sources better.

Comment

Down 18 lbs in about a month. By far the easiest diet I’ve ever tried.

Comment

Working...
                                X