Bitcoin...Cryptocurrency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pintail45 View Post
    If you like to gamble and are ok with losing everything, crypto currency may be for you.
    If you play, watch the news. It has the potential to be volatile as all get out and can literally be wiped out in a second. If you've ever heard of a Bank Run, well. They can happen much much faster in the cryptocurrency world.

Comment

It's a bubble, but a lot of people have made a lot of money on bubbles.

I always say it is time to sell your real estate holdings when you are getting your hair cut and two of the hair stylists next to you are talking about how they both just got their real estate licenses.

We will see if the same can be said when you hear all your bowhunting buddies talk about Crypto-Coins on your hunting website.

I hope not, I am pulling for you guys, but only from the sidelines on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
        Get a digital wallet i.e. Coinbase, link your bank account and put some funds in it. Once you have money in Coinbase you can buy bitcoin, ether or litecoin.

The slow part is getting your money from your bank to a digital wallet. Once it's there things happen pretty fast.
        Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but my impression of Coinbase so far is about equal to CNN's opinion of Donald Trump. Got the account created, but cannot for the life of me get to the point of linking a CC or bank account due to constant 502 errors on both the phone and ipad. Can't even get logged in on the ipad, keeps telling me the verification SMS code is wrong, despite a direct CNP from one to the other.

Comment

They are having website issues right now.. i signed up yesterday.. but had to get my CU (account created just for this).. to unblock the transfer of funds to GB...
          The app is working and ive already made money this morning... got my alerts set... gonna set it and forget about it... hopefully something weird happens and it does well...

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
            They are having website issues right now.. i signed up yesterday.. but had to get my CU (account created just for this).. to unblock the transfer of funds to GB...
            The app is working and ive already made money this morning... got my alerts set... gonna set it and forget about it... hopefully something weird happens and it does well...
            Well that was a quick change of heart.

Comment

The Coinbase sight is struggling right now. I'll check the app.

Update; App seems to be working fine still.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                Well that was a quick change of heart.
                you need to re-read what you think you read...

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                  you need to re-read what you think you read...
                  I did. I wish I would have bought in at the beginning as well. Enjoy the bubble burst.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                    I did. I wish I would have bought in at the beginning as well. Enjoy the bubble burst.
                    if it stays on the plus side of my thresholds...and i get to it before its fully deflated...ill consider it a fun game to play

Comment

For those using GDAX, did you feel comfortable giving the last four of your social, address, and uploading your drivers license? I thought everything was supposed to be anonymous?

Comment

Originally posted by Stickslinger92 View Post
                        For those using GDAX, did you feel comfortable giving the last four of your social, address, and uploading your drivers license? I thought everything was supposed to be anonymous?

In the USA the ones that allow fiat to crypto have to kyc just like any financial institution. Once you get the money in... you can move it around to different wallets / exchanges without signing up for anything .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you have half a brain you can protect yourself on all the swings with stop losses.....All these inexperienced people are letting their @%& hang out in the wind because they don't know what they're doin or how to trade.

The problem with all crypto is greed. Just like dotcom bubble, people's greed is their downfall.... "ooo I doubled up my stake now I want to triple up " Make your money and get out and wait for steep discounts and dips. Rinse and repeat.

Comment

coinbase is having a lot of problems. I can't even login.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ776 View Post
                              If you have half a brain you can protect yourself on all the swings with stop losses.....All these inexperienced people are letting their @%& hang out in the wind because they don't know what they're doin or how to trade.

The problem with all crypto is greed. Just like dotcom bubble, people's greed is their downfall.... "ooo I doubled up my stake now I want to triple up " Make your money and get out and wait for steep discounts and dips. Rinse and repeat.
                              A lot of smart people who had stop loss orders on their Ethera got hammered back in June when a drop in value triggered their stop loss orders, turning them into market orders. Ethera dropped from $300+ down to $0.10 that day, as all those stop loss orders were getting filled. No circuit breakers in that market.

Comment

This morning when I checked the price had gone up almost 2000$ since yesterday. Of course it will fluctuate throughout the day, but It's catching on...and fast.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X