Deleted Facebook Permanently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deleted Facebook Permanently

I stress everyone watching the “The Social Dilemma” documentary. I literally deleted all my social media accounts as I was watching it.

It will have you creeped out beyond belief about Facebook and other social media engines.

Of course there is a few parts that kind of brush off some stuff I think is legit like Pizzagate but it does paint an extremely dark picture of just how damaging social media has become.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by HarryHunter; 09-15-2020, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HarryHunter View Post
      I stress everyone watching the “The Social Dilemma” documentary. I literally deleted all my social media accounts as I was watching it.

It will have you creeped out beyond belief about Facebook and other social media engines.

I guess you missed one of your “social media accounts “......

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post

?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
            Yep, several months back.

My life is definitely for the better.
            I deactivated a couple of months ago. Haven't missed it. Especially all the political stuff.

Comment

?

you made a post on social media about deleting all of your social media accounts. Irony is thick.....

Comment

you made a post on social media about deleting all of your social media accounts. Irony is thick.....

Listen man your more than welcome to poke fun at my expense as much as you want. You can rest assure I don’t have the capacity or energy for any drama anymore. I was just making a suggestion on an extremely eye opening documentary warning people of the dangers and “behind the curtain” issues of social media giants such as Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest,etc.. and the lack of regulation they have. It had some good suggestions on how to approach social media these days as well as to help keep children from getting addicted. I found it eye opening, watch it if anyone wants or don’t. Was just a suggestion. Personally this is my remaining social media platform I have left.

I’m sure your a nice guy but not sure what your trying to accomplish by poking fun at my post. However feel free to poke as much as you like. I am too exhausted to go “back and forth” as many do. I just got off an hour long FaceTime call with my father who’s cancer has returned. Sure makes dealing with any social media drama seem a waste of time. Hope you have a good day sir.

Comment

Listen man your more than welcome to poke fun at my expense as much as you want. You can rest assure I don’t have the capacity or energy for any drama anymore. I was just making a suggestion on an extremely eye opening documentary warning people of the dangers and “behind the curtain” issues of social media giants such as Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest,etc.. and the lack of regulation they have. It had some good suggestions on how to approach social media these days as well as to help keep children from getting addicted. I found it eye opening, watch it if anyone wants or don’t. Was just a suggestion. Personally this is my remaining social media platform I have left.

I’m sure your a nice guy but not sure what your trying to accomplish by poking fun at my post. However feel free to poke as much as you like. I am too exhausted to go “back and forth” as many do. I just got off an hour long FaceTime call with my father who’s cancer has returned. Sure makes dealing with any social media drama seem a waste of time. Hope you have a good day sir.

I'm truly sorry to learn about your farther and you are taking my post WAY more seriously than it was intended but I can understand why with the stress of your situation. Hope all turns out well for your family

Comment

The Social Dilemma isn't about sites like Texas Bowhunter. Specifically, the documentary focuses on the algorithms and AI that sites like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc use to take far more information from people than they realize and then use that information to manipulate you among other things (dating sites engage in this as well). Furthermore it details that as a consequence of how the programs are made, it results in the spread of incorrect biased information to those who already possess that bias, creating social fissures wider than have previously existed, and without people understanding what's actually real. Among many other things, they statistically measure the impact on elections and politics.

Comment

Of course there is a few parts that kind of brush off some stuff I think is legit like Pizzagate but it does paint an extremely dark picture of just how damaging social media has become.

I did the exact same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                        Some of y’all who are saying you deleted Facebook and now your life is so much better....

What in the world were you doing on Facebook that was ruining your life?
                        I mean you can pick who you want to communicate with be it friends, family, or people you enjoy hearing from.
                        This. I use FB as it was originally intended...to maintain contact with close family and friends. When I start seeing folks spamming my feed with their political garbage and rantings it's really easy to unfollow/mute them. My feed stays nice and quiet with only relevant information that I want to see.

That being said, if it weren't for a key few groups that I belong to that only post their info & meetings on FB groups I would probably have done away with it long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Smoore12 View Post
                          6 years ago me and the wife got rid of all social media. I recommend it.
                          what would you call TBH?

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                            what would you call TBH?
                            TBH may be a form of social media but it’s not even in the same ballpark as FB, Instagram, Twitter Etc. There aren’t thousands of algorithms running on TBH to promote what threads you see with the intent of keeping you online for as long as possible. Kind of like comparing caffeine to crack IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by steven View Post
                              TBH may be a form of social media but it’s not even in the same ballpark as FB, Instagram, Twitter Etc. There aren’t thousands of algorithms running on TBH to promote what threads you see with the intent of keeping you online for as long as possible. Kind of like comparing caffeine to crack IMO.
                              I wouldn't be so sure about that. Burnadell crunches all the numbers and reports to the mods daily.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                                I wouldn't be so sure about that. Burnadell crunches all the numbers and reports to the mods daily.
                                Yeah, on his abacus

Comment

Working...
                                X