No announcement yet.

Deadly protein pen incident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazy. Never seen that in all my years. I had them destroy a feed pen for alfalfa my uncle placed inside. Don't ever do that folks. Fact is, some cows are more curious and destructive than others.
    Last edited by tbgascorer; 09-15-2020, 02:25 PM.

Comment

kamacowzis?!

Comment

The story I came up with from the picture was that the feeder landed on a deer and killed it!! Then I read the story. Little let down really.

Comment

Actual cattle panels. That said, we need to know more details. Couple wagyu cows can get expensive

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
            kamacowzis?!
            you win

Comment

That sucks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Calrob View Post
                Actual cattle panels. That said, we need to know more details. Couple wagyu cows can get expensive
                Thats my thought as well. That just got expensive to somebody.

Comment

Stop feeding protein is the only fix I have seen. I had them flatten a 5 strand fence w real corners. Rebuilt it and put up two strands of hot wire tape with the baddest solar charger they make and 2 6’ ground rods. They were inside in 10 minutes of us leaving. I have pics of them eating the hot fence tape. We quit feeding protein until the landowner sold that group of cows. Once they find it there is no keeping them out.

Comment

Sux. Painful death for sure. I'd add barbwire to top of pen, put some ribbon on it until the wildlife/cattle gets used to it. Do you have a cell cameras to watch the pens for awhile?

Comment

Acidosis

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
                        kamacowzis?!
                        Level 5 dad joke right there.

Comment

Tried that on another pen. If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, these cattle can clear full height cattle panel with a strand of barbed wire above.

Comment

My first thought is lower the carrying capacity for cattle. Only see dirt in picture. If cows are hungry not much will stop them. The pen looks kind of small. Maybe a bigger pen would keep them away from it. Once they jumped in they probably didn't want to jump out so they just kept eating.

Comment

We have cell cams out on several feeders, but this particular pen is on a low spot and doesn't get good service.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                                Thats my thought as well. That just got expensive to somebody.
                                Our landowners usually blame the oil field trash like plastic netting and rope And most of the dead cattle have plastic in their stomachs
                                Here is a a cow eating some rope it’s hanging out both ends and
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 09-15-2020, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X