Deleted Facebook Permanently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
    but, but, but...Pablo. You just typed that on a social media platform.
    I understand the reasoning but I don't feel 'Burnadell' aligns in the same fashion vs having your real name out there on what is true SM.

Comment

I haven't deleted it, but I've found myself on it less and less lately. There are only a few friends & family that I really want to keep up with.

Comment

If you delete facebook and don't tell everyone about it, did you even delete it?

Comment

Thanks to those that posted about the social media movie on Netflix. We have our kids watching it right now. My wife and I have been aware of their tactics on a surface level but it's great to be able to show our kids why we don't allow them to have cell phones or participate with any of the social media platforms. It also let us segway into a conversation about video games and their deceptive tactics regarding micro-transactions and season passes.

When my 12 year old son leaned over and said to me, "When you manipulate the truth based on who is reading it that means there is no truth anymore" I smiled because I have hope in the future again.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

One of my bosses one time told me that FB was a good way to find friends you have lost track of. I told him that if they were good enough friends you wouldn't have lost track of them....

Comment

Deleted mine about 5 years ago, made a new one and came back about two years later then deleted that shortly after.

Social Media is a dookshow...and FB is the worst. Now the only thing I use is Instagram occasionally to share my photos.

I don't miss Facebook at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                Deleted mine about 5 years ago, made a new one and came back about two years later then deleted that shortly after.

Social Media is a dookshow...and FB is the worst. Now the only thing I use is Instagram occasionally to share my photos.

I don't miss Facebook at all.
                Wait. Don't forget TBH!

Comment

I mostly use it to keep in touch with family around the world. If I didn't have family overseas I'd get rid of Facebook as well.
                  I created a WhatsApp Family group and many joined, but some of my family are not on or refuse to use WhatsApp.
                  I think about getting rid of Facebook at least once or twice a month.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    Some of y’all who are saying you deleted Facebook and now your life is so much better....

What in the world were you doing on Facebook that was ruining your life?
                    I mean you can pick who you want to communicate with be it friends, family, or people you enjoy hearing from.

People share ridiculous videos and propaganda around and work themselves up. I was talking to a friend of mine recently and he's going off about all the things he's seeing on facebook and is now spewing racist garbage. I've known him for 12 years and he's never had a racist bone in his body (he owns a business and has even had black supervisors in the past).

Garbage is out there and people are being targeted for these crazy videos and articles. I only use facebook for whiskey groups.

Comment

Originally posted by Mission408 View Post
                      Google Facebook Marketplace you'll have to enter a security non robot type thing and you can view and scroll through Marketplace

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk
                      That's awesome. Thanks man!

Comment

Never had it or needed it. the scourge of the world social media is .....

Comment

I've never had a FB acct and never saw a need. Why get sucked into the drama?

Funny story.. I deal with a lot of fortune 500 and above companies and they often do a minor background check before allowing into their offices or on their networks. One of them rejected me due to "no traceable social media presence". I ended up having to talk with 3 levels of management before they believed me about never having had facebook.

I have TBH for entertainment and Instagram so I can get updates on our granddaughters but that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Phil View Post

Funny story.. I deal with a lot of fortune 500 and above companies and they often do a minor background check before allowing into their offices or on their networks. One of them rejected me due to "no traceable social media presence". I ended up having to talk with 3 levels of management before they believed me about never having had facebook.
                            Thats not funny. It's creepy really.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              Some of y’all who are saying you deleted Facebook and now your life is so much better....

What in the world were you doing on Facebook that was ruining your life?
                              I mean you can pick who you want to communicate with be it friends, family, or people you enjoy hearing from.
                              Ain't that the truth!

Originally posted by tpack View Post
                              Never had one. I watch guys at work that are addicted to it and can`t put their phones down for looking at it. Pathetic...
                              I'm that way with one SM account...this account right here my wife looks over and sees green, and knows I'm on TBH again

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                              I don't get how FB can hurt you.
                              I use it to advertise my crappie fishing and check it at least once a day.
                              I scroll through the hundreds of posts in 5 or 10 minutes. Laugh at the funny ones and scroll right on by the other junk.
                              No big deal
                              It doesn't hurt anyone who doesn't allow it to. I've heard FB get blamed for everything under the sun, even for affairs...I chalk it up to the lack of personal accountability that is prevalent these days. It's easier to blame someone/thing else than to say "I chose to do that"

Originally posted by Hunteraudit View Post
                              I deleted mine in 2009. Got tired of people getting upset with me for not responding to them on there or not seeing something they put up. Never had a desire to look at it since, I’m sure it’s much different nowadays.
                              Those same folks are probably upset with you for deleting your account because they're looking for a reason to be upset I ignore 90-95% of my feed on FB, and choose to enjoy the small part that is relevant to me. If someone gets upset, that is their problem, not mine

Comment

I deleted mine a couple of years ago , I was hardly on it but noticed the spam emails went down after I permanently deleted it. I was also getting quite a few Phishing requests on there. It was a novelty when it was new but just did not hold my interest. The only thing I am on now is TBH, there is enough drama on here to keep me reading .

Comment

Working...
                                X