well the boss said

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
    If he's handy runnin' a backhoe,he'll have to walk..oh,I dunno;1/4 mile?
    Back to work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    That's the truth.

Comment

A crude pipeline should've been clearly marked with signs,even if it's in the middle of nowhere.

In the article referenced above, the Company that owned the pipeline said it was a contractor and they were doing maintenance on the system. If that is true then they had to know it was there!

Comment

Yikes!

Comment

I bet this guy is impressed...

Comment

I believe this pipeline along this stretch is 48". I find it hard to understand how a pipeline that size was mistaken for a tree root.
            Last edited by Parramore; 11-07-2017, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
              so is the OP the one that was operating the backhoe and hit it hard as #%$&* ?
              you got me on this one

Comment

We cut an 8" water main in Mt.Peak in '01 on a rec golf course.It was 18' deep in the ground..Blue prints said the line was on the N.side of the f.m.rd.
                Dig tess,and another co.had already gave us the green lite to dig..To China if we wanted to.
                A fist size wire of fiber optic came up first,and Maypearl's water supply next..The S.side of the rd is where the line actually was..
                We weren't at fault,and we fixed it.The water boys were scratching their heads while we re-plumbed a town..
                I get it oil vs.water..It's a big deal...Don't blame the op.

Comment

Thank god it was not a nat gas line !!

Comment

Almost a dollar spike in oil prices today, good work fellas!!!

A few more of those and our reserves to demand should get a little tighter.

But seriously how do you not realize its a steel pipe in a pipeline ROW, most ROW's I've seen are pretty clean of trees

Comment

We cut an 8" water main in Mt.Peak in '01 on a rec golf course.It was 18' deep in the ground..Blue prints said the line was on the N.side of the f.m.rd.
                      Dig tess,and another co.had already gave us the green lite to dig..To China if we wanted to.
                      A fist size wire of fiber optic came up first,and Maypearl's water supply next..The S.side of the rd is where the line actually was..
                      We weren't at fault,and we fixed it.The water boys were scratching their heads while we re-plumbed a town..

My father in law was installing some large concrete culverts near tomball about two years ago. They called in for info, said fiberoptic cable was 3 feet down and more than 50 feet from the worksite.
                      First bucket with the backhoe and they tore out the fiberoptic cable that was only 18 inches below the ground and 50 feet from where it should have been. That would have been expensive had he not called it in first.

Comment

Except they were actually looking for the line they cut in this case. They were doing maintenance on the pipeline for the pipeline company.

I do understand what you're saying. I've cut fiber optic, water, sewer force mains, gas, telephone, electrical...you name it. When you have to depend on OneCall to tell you where things are, it can be a rodeo.

Comment

Better hope no refineries downstream are affected. I would be surprised if they aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                            My father in law was installing some large concrete culverts near tomball about two years ago. They called in for info, said fiberoptic cable was 3 feet down and more than 50 feet from the worksite.
                            First bucket with the backhoe and they tore out the fiberoptic cable that was only 18 inches below the ground and 50 feet from where it should have been. That would have been expensive had he not called it in first.
                            From what I gathered after that day,the f.o.installers are the worst at specifying where their equipment is located.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                              Except they were actually looking for the line they cut in this case. They were doing maintenance on the pipeline for the pipeline company.

I do understand what you're saying. I've cut fiber optic, water, sewer force mains, gas, telephone, electrical...you name it. When you have to depend on OneCall to tell you where things are, it can be a rodeo.
                              I didn't see they were searching for the pipe..That's no bueno..Hell,a small rock would've have me on point.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                                Better hope no refineries downstream are affected. I would be surprised if they aren't.
                                I noticed oil is up nearly .50 cents today to $45.96

Comment

Working...
                                X