No announcement yet.

Illegal deterrent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had some illegal dumping by homeowners and buildings on some property I owned so on my rode I placed some large stones and debris making them go off road to create a new path where I had placed some rebar buried in the tall grass,well it worked I found where someone had found my trespassing device and had to change some tires

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
      Looks nice but. They aren’t worried about gates when you have a fence right next to it. They just drove over my fence where there wasn’t agate.
      Large rocks and more steel pipes prevent that.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
        Why can’t you just cut the bolt with a sawz-all ?
        They are protected with steel plate. Of course you could figure out a way to cut it, but it would take some time. The design is pretty slick. I was impressed.

Comment

The slide bolt, looks wide open for a saw blade to me. It will go through a collar and bolt like butter unless its hardened.

Those post and any steel plate a angle grinder will go right through too.

Guess it looks substantial so it would “deter”.
          Last edited by Johnny44; 05-26-2023, 06:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
            Looks nice but. They aren’t worried about gates when you have a fence right next to it. They just drove over my fence where there wasn’t agate.
            This, or someone will get hurt and they’ll sue the landowner. (Yes, it happens.)

Comment

That's pretty slick. As for the fence, where they have a clear shot to ram through it, place some boulders. 1 ever 6' seems to work. Or if you want it all official looking, concrete in some bollards.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                That guy needs to work on his gate building, that first gate if you bumped it with a truck, it would open very easily. On either of his gates, a oil field guy could get through either gate within about 10 minutes, with a sawzall.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                  This, or someone will get hurt and they’ll sue the landowner. (Yes, it happens.)
                  Not for much longer. There is legislation on the governor's desk that adds additional landowner protection against illegal activity. Trespassers will have little recourse against landowners. There is already long standing laws protecting landowners unless there is gross negligence or intent to harm, but the new legislation goes further to protect the landowners.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                    Not for much longer. There is legislation on the governor's desk that adds additional landowner protection against illegal activity. Trespassers will have little recourse against landowners. There is already long standing laws protecting landowners unless there is gross negligence or intent to harm, but the new legislation goes further to protect the landowners.
                    It just has to make it off of his desk and put into action-

Comment

Illegal deterrent.

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post

Setting a booby trap - like spikes on a gate - could be considered negligence and / or intent to harm.
                      bs…but just how it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Exactly, if they are illegals or being chased by leo you might get away with it.

When its a teenager who falls asleep, a tuck driver choking on food, a woman taking kids to school in bad weather, a rancher who just has a blow out, border patrol chasing the vehicle... and they hit that mess... you will be hung from the highest tree.

Plus, you should make sure your insurance will even cover you when you purposely put spikes on your place and put it all over the enet.

Comment

I don't see spike on the gate to take out a radiator as a danger to the passengers in the vehicle. Unless it's a low car and they make it through the windshield.
                          The spikes will take out radiator but not anything more than ramming a gate would.
                          Spikes on the ground to take out tires, could cause loss of control of vehicle (like running through a fence/gate wouldn't)
                          I'm no expert on this, it's just my thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by BRUTE 23 View Post
                            Exactly, if they are illegals or being chased by leo you might get away with it.

When its a teenager who falls asleep, a tuck driver choking on food, a woman taking kids to school in bad weather, a rancher who just has a blow out, border patrol chasing the vehicle... and they hit that mess... you will be hung from the highest tree.

Plus, you should make sure your insurance will even cover you when you purposely put spikes on your place and put it all over the enet.
                            Sad we have to think about things this way but you are so true.

Comment

This gate was discussed with the county sheriff before installation. This is kinney County, and if you have seen his interviews, let's just say he would have our back. And this road leads to at least 8 ranches who all chipped in to have it built. We have a seperate ranch gate. Intent is to bust a radiator if you decide to ram it.

Comment

Yep, as others have said, they drive through the fence at my friend's place in Bee County.

Comment

Working...
                                X