No announcement yet.

Long Term Health Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At what age should we buy LTC for the best balance of coverage and price? I used to hear that 60 years old is the right age, but not sure how much, if any, the industry or popular thinking/advice has changed over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by kry226 View Post
      At what age should we buy LTC for the best balance of coverage and price? I used to hear that 60 years old is the right age, but not sure how much, if any, the industry or popular thinking/advice has changed over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by kry226 View Post
        The best is not at all. Invest the money a policy will cost you then pay if you need it. What does ltc pay if you drop dead and never use it?

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
          The best is not at all. Invest the money a policy will cost you then pay if you need it. What does ltc pay if you drop dead and never use it?
          My Mom got a policy at 56, she's now 73 and only pays $157/qtr. Assuming that's the money you have to "invest", approx. $10k. How are you going to turn that into enough money to cover LTC? The facility my MIL is going into is $5500/month, so you'd need $66k/yr. to cover you.

The risk with ALL insurance is paying for something you may never need/use.

Comment

Working...
          X