Trout in the Surf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trout in the Surf?

Has anyone been chasing them? I’ve heard reports have been good lately on the upper coast from Galveston to Sabine.

I went yesterday. It was fast and furious 15 minutes before daylight to about 15 minutes after daylight. Then it was too clear and void of bait. Nada. No skipjack- no mullet- just beautiful clear water

Comment

I went last Thursday and caught a few trout.

Comment

Was wading in front of the seawall throwing croaker at 6am Tuesday. Water was gin clear, not a baitfish in site, moved to the bay at 8am, which only produced one undersized trout. Made a big move from there up the coast to another surf spot. Ended up catching my limit on a spook jr in an hour in the middle of the day. The last spot didn’t have as clear of water and was loaded with bait. They were also in the first gut I was fishing in knee deep water casting to the first sandbar. Biggest was 22”smallest was 17”. Broke off on one and watched a 25+” hit and miss my bait TWICE. I was heartbroken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good work!

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Drive down PINS today and carried a couple bait rods. Soaked cut bait and shrimp and not one red, drum, or little shark seen. Caught a few whiting but there was no bait. Got there about 10 and never saw a bird work the water.

Comment

Working...
              X