AR10's Give me some info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AR10's Give me some info

I'm wanting to build an AR10 in 243 caliber. Any tips or ideas that would be helpful? I know nothing about AR's, just going with this caliber so I can stock pile 243 ammo to use with the AR or my Remington bolt rifle. Where have yall bought your barrels, what length is good, barrel twist, any addons I'll need? Would like to have it left handed, is that even a possibility? I've never seen a left handed AR

Get a tripod with pneumatic tires and a 2 inch trailer hitch…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

gun

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      Get a tripod with pneumatic tires and a 2 inch trailer hitch…

you think it'll be heavy? I was told it'll be about 10lbs.

Comment

They are bulky & cumbersome for hunting...my AR10 was short lived. Didn't even keep it for a battle gun & went to a scar.

Comment

scar

Originally posted by Artos View Post
          They are bulky & cumbersome for hunting...my AR10 was short lived. Didn't even keep it for a battle gun & went to a scar.
          What's a scar?

Comment

Buy a Ruger SFAR, accuracy will be suspect if you run .243 through it but safe. Weighs in at only 6lbs compared to 8+ like so many of the other options.

Comment

Originally posted by scott123456789 View Post
              Buy a Ruger SFAR, accuracy will be suspect if you run .243 through it but safe. Weighs in at only 6lbs compared to 8+ like so many of the other options.
              This, but rebarreling it would likely require a gunsmith. The SFAR seems to be the best design out there for compactness and it is very accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                What's a scar?
                A rifle series made by FN.

Comment

Originally posted by scott123456789 View Post
                  Just to clarify but did you just suggest he run .243 bullets through a .308 stamped barrel?

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                    Just to clarify but did you just suggest he run .243 bullets through a .308 stamped barrel?

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

That’s the way I read it, but I’d like to think he’s not dumb enough to think that’s a good idea.

Comment

What's a scar?
                      An 8 pound FN rifle with a boot as a stock ��
                      Attached Files

Comment

What's a scar?
                        It's a much better option for a battle gun in the 308 vs the AR platform...imo I would stick to a traditional semi hunting type rig for 243 & hunting, unless you just got the AR10 bug & wanna build.

Remington 742 / 7400
                        Winchester 100
                        Browning Bar

Comment

AR10's Give me some info

The AR10 is pretty pointless imo. They clunky , overly large, and heavy. There are plenty of great hunting rounds for the AR15, if you require more range or “knockdown” than they offer, might as well jump into a bolt rifle or more conventional hunting semi-auto as mentioned above.

Last edited by Dale Moser; 05-24-2023, 04:10 PM.

Comment

I've got a 16" AR10. It's heavier than a 20 inch ar15 but not that bad. I like it because I get all the perks of an AR, minus the added weight. No need to find a niche cartridge that compromises in some way to fit the ar15 when 308 just works. Easy to customize or mount optics compared to other battle rifles. Mine is more accurate than any traditional semi auto I've had. That said, if all you're wanting is a 243, just use your bolt gun. No reason to go ar10 unless you want a bigger round IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by jdg13 View Post
                              That said, if all you're wanting is a 243, just use your bolt gun. No reason to go ar10 unless you want a bigger round IMO.

Comment

Working...
                              X