Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice!!!

Comment

We spent a ton of money on a Tuna trip out of Venice a couple of months ago. I think a trip like this would be much more funner and probably cost about the same.

Comment

bucket list trip!

Comment

Always wanted to go, never could get everyone to commit.

Comment

Very nice gentleman and ladies! Guess I need to do this some time

Comment

Originally posted by rebelbow View Post
              bucket list trip!
              Yup!

Congratulations on the great trip!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                They have taken a beating since we went Charlie [emoji25]
                excellent trip and thx for sharing. The CI's are truly special and a place where memories are made.

grew up in NOLA and fished the Chandeleur Islands dozens of times each summer during the 1980's. We'd even bring tents and sleep on the islands. My brother still fishes it once every few years and confirmed our favorite spots and campsites have long been gone.

Originally, the CI's consisted of over 11,000 acres in the 1850's. Today, approximately 1,000 acres exist. The State has millions set aside from the BP oil spill. Unfortunately, it would cost $500M plus to rebuild the islands.

the lighthouse was on the northern most point and our meeting spot ... early 1980's

after Hurricane Georges in 1998

pic from around 2004 ~ 2005 (pre-Katrina)

the lighthouse vanished after Katrina

pic of the islands from May 2022 ... 1 year ago

no telling how much longer they'll be in existence ... 5, 10, 20, 50 yrs ?? One day all we will have left is pictures and memories. I WILL fish the Chandeleurs again before I go to heaven.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That looks like an epic trip. I had a blast there with TBH'ers in the past. Way to represent, folks.

Comment

Y’all must’a took uncle Pat’s Live Scope‼️

Comment

Great stringers yall!

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                          excellent trip and thx for sharing. The CI's are truly special and a place where memories are made.

grew up in NOLA and fished the Chandeleur Islands dozens of times each summer during the 1980's. We'd even bring tents and sleep on the islands. My brother still fishes it once every few years and confirmed our favorite spots and campsites have long been gone.

Originally, the CI's consisted of over 11,000 acres in the 1850's. Today, approximately 1,000 acres exist. The State has millions set aside from the BP oil spill. Unfortunately, it would cost $500M plus to rebuild the islands.

the lighthouse was on the northern most point and our meeting spot ... early 1980's

after Hurricane Georges in 1998

pic from around 2004 ~ 2005 (pre-Katrina)

the lighthouse vanished after Katrina

pic of the islands from May 2022 ... 1 year ago

no telling how much longer they'll be in existence ... 5, 10, 20, 50 yrs ?? One day all we will have left is pictures and memories. I WILL fish the Chandeleurs again before I go to heaven.

You could see across Katrina pass the 1st time I went. They said it's over a mile now

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Me & The wife had a good morning. caught 75 or so trout & culled out 24 & 1 smack. Released a 30 in red too.

Thanks Again Shane & enjoyed it with a GREAT group of people!!

Comment

Great pictures! Glad yall made it out there. I hope to do it again sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                                Y’all must’a took uncle Pat’s Live Scope[emoji845]
                                So easy [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X