No announcement yet.

Cool Snake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool how they will roll over and play dead with their tongue hanging. Caught a few of them here at the house near cedar creek lake. Not sure what variation of hognose they were but kinda cool to plat with

Comment

Set those rat traps for him to check

Comment

We do get some big rats

Comment

One of the few snakes I’ll actually handle. Been fortunate enough to come across probably more than a half dozen of them.

Comment

I came across another hognose today and it was patterned like the one Castle posted. I have heard people say they won’t bite and sometimes play dead… well let me tell you this one didn’t do either. It was showing its mouth and struck anytime I got close enough. Hopefully the next one “if” will be nicer.

Comment

Originally posted by Chompers View Post
              I came across another hognose today and it was patterned like the one Castle posted. I have heard people say they won’t bite and sometimes play dead… well let me tell you this one didn’t do either. It was showing its mouth and struck anytime I got close enough. Hopefully the next one “if” will be nicer.
              When they do strike, their mouths usually remain closed.

It’s all a part of their dramatic bluff.

Comment

If it’s a bluff then it worked on me. This one acted like a coachwhip when they are ticked

Comment

Hope to see one one day

Comment

Puff ader…we had one in a fishtank once…he would scare folks to death that didnt know what he was.

Comment

[ATTACH]1130606[/ATTACH]
                      I found several small ones over a 2-3 day period on a job site a few years ago.

Comment

Drama queens. Fun snakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald G View Post
                          [ATTACH]1130606[/ATTACH]
                          I found several small ones over a 2-3 day period on a job site a few years ago.
                          Wow, great pic!

Comment

After all this rain we've had lately I'll be really surprised if I don't see at least one hognose. They love eatin toads and they're out in full force so the snakes should be too.

Comment

I used to find them fairly often up in Grayson and Fannin counties when I was a kid. Found several that had just caught a toad frog and was swallowing it.

Comment

I saw a Western Hognose a few months ago but someone had smashed his head with their vehicle.

Hate seeing that. They're such cool snakes and they won't bite. No reason to kill one.

Comment

Working...
                                X