No announcement yet.

Sonora 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was out there three weeks ago and saw several turkeys. We went there to put out feed. Rain would be good.

Comment

It’s looking really good out there. Axis numbers seem to exploded! Very few gobbles this morning. Here are a couple of axis from this card pull. Only one seems really mature. The others seem young and for sure aren’t 30inches plus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thats always good sign Ruben! Hope the members for everyone keep on going up

Comment

Beautiful country out there and haven’t been in a couple of years, happy to know you got a place

Comment

I’m pretty excited we’re going to move our blinds from old lease to Sonora this weekend. Hopefully get our blinds set up and have a little time to try and call up a few Thunder Chickens! Anyone else heading west for turkey season this weekend?

Comment

Headed out tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Our axis numbers have exploded too. So many I am not seeing nearly as many whitetail. We have been trying to grow our axis herd and I think we have accomplished that. Seeing all the bucks in velvet has me thinking we will have some great hunts this summer. We will be out Easter weekend feeding and chasing the big birds.

Comment

Our lease is located about a 1 1/2 miles down Sutton County Road 202. Northeast of Sonora. We lease from the guy who owns Rafters Feed Store.

Our axis deer population was growing but they have been few and far between since last summer. Not sure what is going on.

We eat at Sutton County Steakhouse on a regular basis. The food is ok. Best thing I have had there is their chicken fried steak and onion rings which several of y'all have mentioned. I hope to make a trip to the lease during the last weekend of turkey season.

Comment

I’ll be out there tomorrow hopefully to shoot an axis doe with the new V3X. I’m thinking of leaving the turkey alone this year

Comment

We’re heading up Easter weekend. Have any of you Sutton Co guys noticed Spring Turkey has been terrible the last 3-4 years since they’ve moved the opening dates later and later? We were there for spring break the week of March 13th and the Tom’s were out and about in full force, chasing hens. By the time the season opens, most all of the hens have been bred and the Tom’s are spent and not coming into calls or being vocal. This sucks especially for the kids who can’t hunt them during Soring break like they used to be able to do!

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                        We’re heading up Easter weekend. Have any of you Sutton Co guys noticed Spring Turkey has been terrible the last 3-4 years since they’ve moved the opening dates later and later? We were there for spring break the week of March 13th and the Tom’s were out and about in full force, chasing hens. By the time the season opens, most all of the hens have been bred and the Tom’s are spent and not coming into calls or being vocal. This sucks especially for the kids who can’t hunt them during Soring break like they used to be able to do!

Yepp didn’t hear many gobbles last week at all. This drought isn’t helping either.

Comment

Yep! The North Zone dates suck for turkey hunting!!!!

There aren’t hardly any at my place anyway, but for the guys that have good turkey numbers, the later opening date for the season hurts success chances greatly!!!

Bisch

Comment

Looks like some parts got some rain yesterday. I have a big puddle of water under my feeder so it must have been a pretty good rain event.

Comment

Headed out there today to put feed out. Seeing plenty of turkey and deer lately. Axis coming in too! Fun area to hunt that’s for sure.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X