No announcement yet.

Furthest confirmed kill !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because ethical shots are boring. Sometimes we forget we are taking somethings life.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      Small caliber, non-hunting Bullet......

What could possibly go wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Honestly after having done a year with the eldx in a 6.5 two years ago and doing this year with the eld-m. The eld-m have done great on any animal that’s been shot with it. As far as her suffering we literally shot drove down to where she was hit and walked in the brush and found her laying. As far as suffering what’s the difference when a guy makes a poor bow shot at 13 yards and hits his target in the the stomach and lets it lie till morning while the sickness takes over. Or the hunter that does the same and has to call the dog man to come in and pay him 350 dollars to find, bay, and to finish the deer for him. Does that count as his kill or the dog man who finished it. Also clearly this animal suffered as it ran for its like with a hound on its tracks. I watch dozens of whitetails a season get shot some are drt most run. We call the dogs more than we like for clients that show up raving about their shooting yet wound a deer at 80 yards. Did I say I made a great shot no. Would the doe have died if I gave her 30 mins to a hour to lay. I’m sure she would of. Didn’t post this to be policed. Just thought I’d post a ****** day I had with a buddy with a cool ending. Not another “I’m thinking of a new caliber?” 6.5 creedmoor maybe. 🙄

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
        I'm with you, bud.

Does it still count as a "confirmed kill" if you have to walk 5 min to go cut its throat with a pocket knife?
        agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
          Honestly after having done a year with the eldx in a 6.5 two years ago and doing this year with the eld-m. The eld-m have done great on any animal that’s been shot with it. As far as her suffering we literally shot drove down to where she was hit and walked in the brush and found her laying. As far as suffering what’s the difference when a guy makes a poor bow shot at 13 yards and hits his target in the the stomach and lets it lie till morning while the sickness takes over. Or the hunter that does the same and has to call the dog man to come in and pay him 350 dollars to find, bay, and to finish the deer for him. Does that count as his kill or the dog man who finished it. Also clearly this animal suffered as it ran for its like with a hound on its tracks. I watch dozens of whitetails a season get shot some are drt most run. We call the dogs more than we like for clients that show up raving about their shooting yet wound a deer at 80 yards. Did I say I made a great shot no. Would the doe have died if I gave her 30 mins to a hour to lay. I’m sure she would of. Didn’t post this to be policed. Just thought I’d post a ****** day I had with a buddy with a cool ending. Not another “I’m thinking of a new caliber?” 6.5 creedmoor maybe. ��
          Are you asking the difference between a target round at 800 yds on a game animal and a bow shot at 13? The margin for error. That's the difference. But hey... To each their own.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
            Are you asking the difference between a target round at 800 yds on a game animal and a bow shot at 13? The margin for error. That's the difference. But hey... To each their own.

There should be no error at 13 yards with a bow if you practice for what you’re hunting and put in the time to make the shot. I could of very easily reached back and grabbed my buddies 28 nosler. But didn’t. Exactly. Each their own. ‘Merica!

Comment

Originally posted by hoyt21 View Post
              Honestly after having done a year with the eldx in a 6.5 two years ago and doing this year with the eld-m. The eld-m have done great on any animal that’s been shot with it. As far as her suffering we literally shot drove down to where she was hit and walked in the brush and found her laying. As far as suffering what’s the difference when a guy makes a poor bow shot at 13 yards and hits his target in the the stomach and lets it lie till morning while the sickness takes over. Or the hunter that does the same and has to call the dog man to come in and pay him 350 dollars to find, bay, and to finish the deer for him. Does that count as his kill or the dog man who finished it. Also clearly this animal suffered as it ran for its like with a hound on its tracks. I watch dozens of whitetails a season get shot some are drt most run. We call the dogs more than we like for clients that show up raving about their shooting yet wound a deer at 80 yards. Did I say I made a great shot no. Would the doe have died if I gave her 30 mins to a hour to lay. I’m sure she would of. Didn’t post this to be policed. Just thought I’d post a ****** day I had with a buddy with a cool ending. Not another “I’m thinking of a new caliber?” 6.5 creedmoor maybe. [emoji849]

There is no difference. Any situation that doesn’t result in a quick clean kill sucks equally.

As to the ELD-X/ELD-M discussion, there’s a reason manufacturers list different bullets for different purposes. I guess some people know better than the manufacturers. [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Glad you didn’t lose her but to me it was a bad idea and not very ethical. To each his own though.

Comment

Was you shooting at her to see if you could hit her or this was a management doe?

Comment

Originally posted by castlegaphunter View Post
                    Everything about this post makes me cringe.
                    Exactly. I physically cringed reading it.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                      You lost me when you said “sent it”. That is reserved for 6.5 creedmore snipers only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      You mean "manbun" snipers? LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                        Was you shooting at her to see if you could hit her or this was a management doe?
                        Killing does off the property. I shot at her with every intention of killing her. Not just hitting her.

Comment

I’m with you on eldm I’ve had great results with them out of my Grendel otherwise I shoot hornady BTHPs and I’ve killed out to 650 with them. A lot of people will say unethical yada yada yada. If you have the skill set and you Gun is capable do it.

What kind of energy are you putting down at that distance with the 22creed? I’ve been thinking of doing one.

How was the wound Chanel and cavitation?

Comment

Good shooting!!

Comment

I have heard nothing but good things about the eld-m at extended ranges on game, and obviously it is an accurate round for you. Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                                I’m with you on eldm I’ve had great results with them out of my Grendel otherwise I shoot hornady BTHPs and I’ve killed out to 650 with them. A lot of people will say unethical yada yada yada. If you have the skill set and you Gun is capable do it.

What kind of energy are you putting down at that distance with the 22creed? I’ve been thinking of doing one.

How was the wound Chanel and cavitation?
                                Like 80 FPE

Comment

Working...
                                X