which Carry gun and why? List please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which Carry gun and why? List please

For fun list the carry guns you have had in order if possible, why you moved from them and what you ended up with and why. Doesn't have to be an all inclusive list, maybe you cant even remember all of them haha. Here is mine:

1 LCP too pipsqueaky and the mags kept falling out with pocket carry

2 j frame not enough bullets (favorite gun to carry though)

3 Xd sub compact 40, loved the gun but wanted a little more capacity 9+1 or 12+1

4 Xd subcompact 9, liked it real well and liked the capacity, but for what i ask for in a pistol the 9 is a little lacking for me, please don't hit me with FBI, all the same, blah, blah :-)

5 XDM 3.8 compact 40 This is where i am now, 11+1 with the option for 16+1 is enough bullets IMO, i prefer the 40, and while not too big, very easy shooting.

I don’t own any guns. Therefore don’t carry. But if I did I probably would’ve tried the XD 9 3.3 before realizing I didn’t care for the lower capacity. Probably would’ve moved to a G19 next and then stayed there because, why carry anything else. ?
    Last edited by JLivi1224; 01-09-2019, 04:58 PM.

Comment

If you feel like you need more than 5 or 6 rounds from a carry gun for your personal protection you are are probably frequenting the wrong kinda places or running with the wrong crowd. I have tried lots of carry guns but always come back to a Ruger SP101 in 357 easy to conceal and shoots where I point it.

Comment

Carried a full size XD40 for a while. Too dang heavy
        Now carry M&P Shield 9MM. Much more comfortable.
        I do not like carrying double stack guns. Too thick and too heavy.

Comment

Charter Arms Bulldog .44 because a big hole causes big blood.

Comment

I would like a G43 with taran tactical +2 adapter.

Comment

1. S&W Shield .40. Carried easy but wanted more capacity.
              2. XD Service .40. Too heavy, and the holsters I had were not comfortable.
              3. Traded #2 for #1
              4. Glock 19. I don’t see this going anywhere.

5. Kel tec p3at—still have this one as a BUG/ankle rig.

Comment

1. Sig P938 but too big for my pocket and after a while realized that for a owb holster gun I could carry a much larger gun just as comfortably. Sold it
                2. S&W J frame, great pocket gun, still carry it and even sometimes in an owb.
                3. S&W M&P9c, good size either owb or iwb.
                4 Sig P320C 45acp, 9+1 comfortable owb carry.
                5. Sig P227C 45acp, 10+1 comfortable owb carry.
                6. My BBQ gun, Colt Officers 45Acp owb.

You know, if I still had any guns.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

G42.....

More likely to care it anytime all the time rather then changing to a larger frame depending on attire. Additional two rounds added with grip extension without changing in overall size also.

Comment

1. kimber pro carry. Love this gun and will never get rid of it. Super accurate and anyone can shoot it. I'm just not a big guy and it's a pretty large frame gun with a full 1911 grip. Just not comfortable to carry when in tight places or getting in and out of vehicles often.

2 moved to a P938 and that thing is pretty sweet and I'm accurate with it. I'm a 1911 fan so it looks similar to them but in a much smaller package. It fits me well so that what I'll stick with for a while

Comment

Naa wasp in 22 mag with a extra 5 round speed strip when I am at work. Then my g42 or g19 when our and about

Comment

Shot placement....no matter what you shot at

Comment

Smith and Wesson shield 9mm. Feels good in my hand and easy to carry.

Comment

Sig P238 or Sig P938, its all about comfort

Comment

J-frame

Comment

Working...
                              X