Fastest way to make a good truck look stupid-- put dumb rims on it. SMH

Comment

nice tow hook. Bet it gets used a lot.....lol
        Funny

Comment

Getting better

Comment

This is my 76

I’ve owned it since 1996, it’s been with me for a lot. Now, it needs a new home.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
              Chevy owns ford for any truck or SUV from 72 up until the excursion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              No, not the case at all. The Fords mainly the 1/2 tons made after 79 were not great by any means. But the Fords made from 79 back to the late 60s. GM has not made a truck that could touch those tanks. I have had a 78 F150 4X4 and a 78 Bronco, both had the 400 engine, C6 transmission and a 9" rear with 31 traction lock diff, then a Dana front axle. The 78 F150 actually had a lot of locals scared, they thought I had some nasty big block with a laundry list of mods, it beat a lot of cars on the street. The Bronco, should have been called the hog, that truck loved mud. I spent more hours playing in ponds doing donuts and figure 8s. While my buddies with a 79 Chevy 1/2 ton 4X4 and the other with a 79 Dodge Ram Charger. Would drive around the banks of the ponds playing in the shallow mud, because their trucks could not get very close to the pond or they were stuck. They **** sure could not take off out in the 3' deep water, with about 2' of mud below the water. Then do donut. My favorite thing to do, was get the Chevy and Dodge owners in the back of the Bronco, with the top off of the Bronco. Take off out in the main big pond. Go do some laps around the pond. Then get out in the middle of the pond and stop. Turn the wheel all the way to the left or right. At that time both the guy who owned the Chevy and the Dodge owner would be having a cow, yelling don't stop, we are going to get stuck. I would tell them not to worry, we were not in their trucks. Then I would stick the throttle to the floor and do a donut or two, then stop again. They would look at me like why are you stopping again. You could tell they were very nervous. I would count to ten. Then large clumps of mud would come raining down all around us and on the truck. I am talking 6" to 8" clumps of very soft mud. Make a lot of noise and bunch of large splashes as it all comes raining back down. With them in the back, with no top on the back, they would usually be covered in mud. My truck had rubber floor mats and vinyl seats, so I would just hose is off, when I got home. They never talked crap about by truck. Before we all started going out in the park four wheeling, yes, they both talked a lot of crap. But after a few trips out in the park, they never talked any crap. They may have talked about all of the four wheeling they did, taking the sand trails or driving in the mud around the ponds. But they never talked any crap about how either of their trucks were better than my Bronco. That Bronco, was mostly stock, with some 10" wide wheels and BFG mud terrains, that was pretty much the extent of the mods to that truck. That truck would go just about anywhere, it would go places even I did not think it could go, places I did not want to try going through.

The early little Broncos from 66 to 77 are nice trucks that will go a lot of places, but they have low ground clearance, but they will turn in a very tight circle, then are short and narrow. They are good trail trucks. The 78 and 79 Broncos are big beasts, there is not much better mud trucks on the planet. Then the 80s and 90s Ford put week drive trains in them, which really sucked, we only got two years of the beasts.

Comment

Those bronco pics!!!

Comment

This is my truck. I’m 16 and this is the first truck I’ve ever owned

Comment

79 Ford F-150 351/400,C6 auto,411 gears 4” Lift
                    This belong to my son until he sold it about a year and a half ago

Comment

That’s pretty sweet. Only thing I woulda changed about it is the wheels but I like those

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Man those Broncos are freaking awesome.

If I hit the lotto I'd be driving one of those asap

Comment

Definitely the top 3 most annoying threads on TBH... what a disappointment..

Comment

Wow! Really?

Comment

If you don’t like it don’t talk in it

Comment

Working...
                                X