SBR at the range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
    Whether or not a potential murderer has a tax stamp imparts no liability on the range owner. He can't delve into the psychology of people responsibly using his range.
    Oh, SURE it does! You're really having a hard time imaging a PI lawyer convincing a jury about how maybe the range staff could've asked for the guy's paperwork and spared all these lives lost? How it would have been quick and easy to do?

Look, I'm not saying this is the way I *want* things to go. But you folks seem to be baffled as to why a range would ask these questions. The answers are obvious. At least to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
      Oh, SURE it does! You're really having a hard time imaging a PI lawyer convincing a jury about how maybe the range staff could've asked for the guy's paperwork and spared all these lives lost? How it would have been quick and easy to do?

Look, I'm not saying this is the way I *want* things to go. But you folks seem to be baffled as to why a range would ask these questions. The answers are obvious. At least to me.

You can be sued for anything. I don’t live my life around the what *might* happen. Seems a lot of folks would be a lot less stressed if they did the same.

I’d say the odds are in the range’s favor since there is virtually zero crime committed with NFA regulated items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Sure they can be sued, doesn’t mean they’d have any legal liability for someone not having a stamp. If I was on that jury, I’d acquit.

Why would they want to see a stamp? Another line of defense for liability is a reason. Another would be to avoid negative publicity of illegal firearms being used at their facility.

I think it’s ridiculous but it’s what the range owner feels is a necessity. It’s not an infringement upon my rights so I will continue to just let them know their policy is dumb as I show them my stamps until another 300 yard range opens up close to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          I’d say the odds are in the range’s favor since there is virtually zero crime committed with NFA regulated items.
          The point continues to go right over your head. No one in this thread is talking about NFA owners committing crimes. We are talking about Johnny-Come-Lately and his Maglite can that no one ever thought was a little odd and maybe the RO should check out before the school gets shot up.

Comment

hating the internet...make the stupid stop!!

Comment

It's a private business. You can choose not to show them and they can choose to throw you out. Simple as that. It's none of their business, heck you shouldn't even need a stamp in the first place, but your gun rights don't supersede their private property rights.
              Last edited by jdg13; 05-20-2019, 09:27 PM.

Comment

The point continues to go right over your head. No one in this thread is talking about NFA owners committing crimes. We are talking about Johnny-Come-Lately and his Maglite can that no one ever thought was a little odd and maybe the RO should check out before the school gets shot up.

Over my head? That’s rich. You’re the one that brought the wild conspiracy theory about somebody practicing up to go shoot up a school.

And I’ll say it again, the Barney Fife wanna be at the range is not LE so he can **** up a rope and it’s not his place to play one. If he’s suspicious call a real LEO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
                  It's a private business. You can choose not to show them and they can choose to throw you out. Simple as that. It's none of their business, heck you shouldn't even need a stamp in the first place, but your gun rights don't supersede their private property rights.
                  Exactly.

Comment

If a gun range owner has zero liability when an illegal gun is found to be on his property, then by all means 'don't ask - don't tell'.

But if the situation is that the range owner will face some kind of trouble for not asking/attempting to regulate? Then it is his business - literally & figuratively.

Comment

Originally posted by KX500 View Post
                      If a gun range owner has zero liability when an illegal gun is found to be on his property, then by all means 'don't ask - don't tell'.

But if the situation is that the range owner will face some kind of trouble for not asking/attempting to regulate? Then it is his business - literally & figuratively.
                      Logic. An endangered species these days.

Comment

Originally posted by KX500 View Post

So they should check your mental health records and call the feds if they think you are a risk?

Comment

You took a hard left and went WAY off course with a claim about what "no one on this thread" is talking about.
                          Question: how does this store's policy stop a school from getting shot up? You think Johnny and his Maglite can are going to admit he doesn't have any paperwork then hang out at the shop for a day while the feds fly down on request to check him out?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
                              Lol, thanks

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bruiser View Post

ftw

Comment

Working...
                                X