No announcement yet.

12 volt feeder units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Ultramatic and have used a few for several years now. I did have an electronic issue with one of the timers and they stood behind it. No questions or difficulty exchanging it. The owner is a good guy and a sponsor.

If you have feeder pens where you hunt, a 6 volt can be better because it won't sling the corn as far as a 12 volt, so more corn stays inside the pen.
    I have used both and IMO 12 volts do not clog or jam as easy due to more torque.

Comment

All Seasons

Comment

I have had six Texas Hunter feeders for close to twenty years now. I have had two rebuilt and replaced the solar panel on one, but a hog turned it over. I don't like the way they mount but I don't think you can beat them for reliability.

Comment

I have 3 Texas Hunters, 3 On-Time, and a couple of Franken-feeders I've put together with various boxes, timers, and motors. The Texas Hunters nad OnTime models have been in use for going on 12 years. On Time has a lifetime warranty and they do back it up though the lag time has grown over the years.

Comment

Moultrie Wildlife Directional Feeder Kit | All-Metal | Agitating Spinner Plate | Digital Timer https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079L7JJRC..._x-STBb0G0D14R

Works great, has a separate motor to agitate corn.
            Shoots it 15 yard

Comment

Buy yourself a Triple C 12v timer w/ vamint cage and your golden.

Comment

I second the triple C. I've have 2 and had to replace motor after 20 yrs.

Comment

We have some Ultramatic’s that are awesome. Very dependable.

Comment

Originally posted by ateague11 View Post
                    Sounds like your spinner plate was adjusted with too large of a gap from the funnel. It shouldnt dump corn out in the event it gets stuck open.
                    Nope ( i thought the same) does it no matter where it's adjusted, it's now stuck all the way down and running like a normal feeder except having a shaft going up into the funnel. I may have just got a bad one but it will be the last one for me, too many mechanical parts that can and did go bad.

Comment

spin tech 12v

Comment

Boss Buck Feeder Control System, Camouflage, 12-volt, $124.99 Amazon. Just replaces 2 that were 15 yrs old. timer and motors still good.

Comment

I have various brand feeders/timers going at 4 ranches, all work virtually without issue. It is the helix design on the spin-tech spinner that is my favorite since it does not require a cage to protect against coons and cows.

Comment

monarch in Arlington/Mansfield/venus directional stand and fill feeder. been using 3 of them for a decade.

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
                              Funny thing I was going to say stay away from spin tech. I installed one this year for the first time and after a month in use the spinner hung down in the open position and dumped 1000 pounds of corn on the ground. I thought maybe it needed lubricating so I oiled it up and ran it again and each time it wouldn't close back up and would open more and more with each spin. Maybe I got a bad but I won't have another one for sure.
                              with 1000 lbs of corn up there, you'd think somewhere before that the pile on the ground would've been high enough to stop the flow.

Comment

Texas hunter feeders are great. Only dislike is the way the mounting bars/brackets are at wired, uneven angles.

Comment

Working...
                                X